• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Blue Jays have, apparently, acquired Jason Grilli.
Blue jays dont have a competitive round draft pick, a international bonus slot wouldnt make sense because they braves will go waaayy over. So im guessing dumping money owed and a high risk high reward prospect

Blue jays have any tommy john prospects?

zulux21

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Bautista%2bsays%2bhe%2bwould%2bbe%2bstupid%2bto%2bleave%2bToronto&id=581248

Bautista says he would be stupid to leave Toronto.

Also says it's unfair for organizations to expect their best players to take a discount.

welp...have fun DHing in Boston, Seattle, Chicago, Texas, NY etc.

he doesn't bat left handed. The white sox only sign over the hill left handed power bats to DH, not over the hill right handed power bats. (laroche, dunn, thome)

as for discounts, yes and no. to be fair 20 mil vs 30 mil per season really shouldn't have a meaningful influence on how set you are for the rest of your life. beyond that, you have the comfort of knowing the team, how they will treat you, the other players and what not. If I liked who I was playing for I would no doubt take less money to stay there, but to be fair, I am also pretty sure that I could be set for life with 5 mil :p

Would you say that, in terms of talent per capita, the Dominican Republic is... dominant?

Unquestionably!

Omar Infante is 2nd in voting for 2B hahahahaha

and Kendrys Morales who's currently batting .187 is 2nd for DH

what is even happening

i do think Hoz, Salvy, and Cain are legit choices tho

Ballot stuffing like last year, although the choices seemed less forced then. I voted for Salvy, Hoz, and Cain. I came thisclose to voting Esky. Nobody else in the lineup deserves a consideration.

Pitching, we should have both Wader and Herrera as selections.

HxlpJrs.png

zulux21

Loney playing like Campbell.

has Campbell been playing really solid defense?

Loney has been playing really solid defense all game, even on that last play it was a great attempt to even get to that ball, let alone have a shot to get him out that he failed to get because the ball slipped as he rushed to throw it.

I mean it was ruled a hit not an error o_O

edit: wow, two quick steals and a run.

I don't think I have seen the white sox do that in the last 10 years o_O

and win or lose at least the white sox managed to break the kids streak...
it's something >.>;

Top Bottom