• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

He's owed, what, something like $32m over the next year and a half?

My goodenss, just how bad do you have to be for a club to want to pay you $32m+ to not play for them.

Once Ethier comes back he's probably their fifth (6th depending Van Slyke?) OF. The money owed to him is a sunk cost, at some point his awfulness begins costing you more on top of that in terms of performance and young player development.

Once Ethier comes back he's probably their fifth (6th depending Van Slyke?) OF. The money owed to him is a sunk cost, at some point his awfulness begins costing you more on top of that in terms of performance and young player development.

And it's also a complete win for Crawford!

Dude will get released outright because no one will pick up the contract. Boom, payday.

Then he'll hang out a few days, and some team (probably the A's because fml) will call him up, "Hey Carl, want to come play for us? Here's a couple million, you'll be a starter".

So Carl will get paid the big contract, and the small contract, and will probably end up starting somewhere too.

Dude's winning the lottery by getting released.

And it's also a complete win for Crawford!

Dude will get released outright because no one will pick up the contract. Boom, payday.

Then he'll hang out a few days, and some team (probably the A's because fml) will call him up, "Hey Carl, want to come play for us? Here's a couple million, you'll be a starter".

So Carl will get paid the big contract, and the small contract, and will probably end up starting somewhere too.

Dude's winning the lottery by getting released.

Wonder if he'll even get picked up. Dude is straight up awful and old, and it's not like corner OFs are hard to come by. Every team should have a handful of guys in their minor league system who are better than Carl Crawford, except maybe the Angels. Which means the Angels are signing Carl Crawford, aren't they?

Wonder if he'll even get picked up. Dude is straight up awful and old, and it's not like corner OFs are hard to come by. Every team should have a handful of guys in their minor league system who are better than Carl Crawford, except maybe the Angels. Which means the Angels are signing Carl Crawford, aren't they?

What did you expect? The Halos are a joke lol.

Someone will pick him up. He's only 34 and had a 2.3 WAR season as recently as 2014.

So someone will pick him up. Someone dumb, sure.

The Angels are signing Crawford.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Travis is starting his rehab assignment tonight. DH though. I wonder if Kevin gets demoted when he is ready.

I'd want to be better than a replacement level player, so I'll be like someone else.

ebaDaSx.gif

Now they're just teeing off on ERod

All 4 of the hits Rodriguez gave up turned into home runs. Generally tends to happen when you throw 432534534534254 fastballs. smh

Great start by Harvey.

Juan Lagares has a sprained left thumb.

Yous can have anybody in the Sox organization sans X, Betts, and Moncada for Harvey.

Let get this deal done.

They had been underperforming. This is closer to what we were expecting. If they were overperforming I would be concerned but it's all about staying consistent going forward.

If the hitting comes around and Dickey can work on his late game pitching/get pulled earlier in games the Jays could make a run again this year.

If a no-hitter gets thrown in a game called off for rain after 6 innings, is it really a no-hitter?

The Red Sox are about to put this to the test!

I don't want to trade Teheran, but if Boston came by with an offer of Benintendi and Rodriguez...

Teheran has "will get crushed by AL hitters" written all over him tbh

To be fair, half of the pitchers currently employed by the Red Sox also have "will get crushed by AL hitters" written all over them as well.

I think we've no hit the Red Sox into at least the sixth in 3 of the last 4 games we've played against them. That's surprising.

Top Bottom