• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Chuck

Still without luck
O3t0lyn.gif

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Great generalization of us.

Yeah we do have some bad apples. Maybe a little more than others but most of us realize how important Howard has been to this franchise. So don't pool us all together you fucking asshole

philly fans...so angry

im joking if you dont know

Per Jeff Passan

Jose Fernandez's last six starts: 41 innings, 25 hits, 9 walks, 63 strikeouts, 0.66 ERA. His 110 Ks lead baseball, one more than Kershaw.

This is not a human being

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Noah Syndergaard ‏@Noahsyndergaard

Adios Miami. I think your outfield sculpture burnt a hole in my corneas.

wbsmcs

Jon Gray isn't getting any love. Shame he's in Colorado, his road numbers are pretty good if you take away his one dud at St. Louis.

MLB GAF, help me out.

In my 8yo's little league game, some kid bounced 2 pitches in the dirt which then came up and hit the batter. Each time the ump (13 yo) awarded 1st. One of the coaches disputed this and said it should've been called a dead ball. Anyone know what the rule is?

The ump, poor kid, was not expecting the questions, even though they were delivered respectfully. He was rattled afterwards.

MLB GAF, help me out.

In my 8yo's little league game, some kid bounced 2 pitches in the dirt which then came up and hit the batter. Each time the ump (13 yo) awarded 1st. One of the coaches disputed this and said it should've been called a dead ball. Anyone know what the rule is?

The ump, poor kid, was not expecting the questions, even though they were delivered respectfully. He was rattled afterwards.

If it hits the ground first it's a dead ball

BigAT

MLB GAF, help me out.

Who knows what the rules of your local little league potentially are, but in the MLB it doesn't matter if it bounces first, it still counts as a hit by pitch.

If it hits the ground first it's a dead ball

Typical Philly fan, knows more about throwing batteries than about throwing baseballs.

Who knows what the rules of your local little league potentially are, but in the MLB it doesn't matter if it bounces first, it still counts as a hit by pitch.

Typical Philly fan, knows more about throwing batteries than about throwing baseballs.

Oops I'm wrong lol

No need to be such a cunt dude

An uncalled for leap to vulgar misogyny, you would think I'm Santa Claus with a reaction like that.

I'm just trying to act like the "typical Philly" fan for everyone's enjoyment today since we are all just assholes apparently.

Sorry I used that word but I used it so I guess I will take the consequence. But don't get all high and mighty

The league tries to follow the pro rules as much as possible so that was probably it. Plus why be the hero coach when it's the best chance some of these kids have to get on base (enrollment doubled this year b/c on the Jays and many kids never played before).

MLB GAF, help me out.

Sounds to me like an umpire drunk with power.

I would alert the local authorities.

How could Philly have such a great mascot with such a ketchup loving fan base? Were it not for the greatness of Greg Luzinski and my boyhood hero the great Michael Jack Schmidt, the franchise would be worth nothing more than the city of Toronto. Come correct, Phils fans. Get your lives together. Show some respek.

zulux21

it's hard to believe the white sox were at one point 23-10 (they have gone 6-18 since then)

it's sadly all the rangers doing... as it is still the day they gave up 8 runs in the bottom of the 8th that triggered this huge funk.

hopefully shields when he joins can help right the ship.
though the white sox got rid of the wrong pitcher from the rotation. Maybe Latos will luck into some good pitching again.

either way here is hoping baltimore can kick the crap out of KC.
that seatle can get out of their funk and beat up the indians.
and the blue jays can continue to be hot and beat up the tigers.

so the white sox don't fall to far back as they get swept by the nats :p

I think the Indians can be what the Mets were last year.

Carried to a good run on the backs of incredible pitching.

Unlike the other Cleveland teams, they are actually pretty well built. Lindor is an MVP candidate.

Great generalization of us.

Yeah we do have some bad apples. Maybe a little more than others but most of us realize how important Howard has been to this franchise. So don't pool us all together you fucking asshole

Oops I'm wrong lol

No need to be such a cunt dude

aren't you... proving us right by lashing out like this? please don't throw a battery at me.
and if the Indians ever won the series.... hoo boy. pretty sure the city would be burned down.

aren't you... proving us right by lashing out like this? please don't throw a battery at me.
and if the Indians ever won the series.... hoo boy. pretty sure the city would be burned down.

I guess. Idk why I was being so sensitive last night. Just a lot of stress in my real life right now. Thats not an excuse though.

But don't worry I'm not a battery thrower. I stick to beer cans

Sportsnet has been playing more Dodgers broadcasts this season and both of them have said "this guy is so boring, I don't like him."

Ugh.

BFIB

Cards are starting to turn the corner. Last 10 games, starter ERA is under 3.00, bullpen holding leads.

I think the Indians can be what the Mets were last year.

Carried to a good run on the backs of incredible pitching.

Unlike the other Cleveland teams, they are actually pretty well built. Lindor is an MVP candidate.

Central is going to be a dogfight to the end though. Cleveland looks like a good team, KC is still the reigning champs and then there are my Tigers. They were pretty much left for dead a few weeks back but there are too many good bats on the team for them to not get hot. The pleasant surprise has been the pitching, Verlander has got his mojo back, Fulmer looks like the real deal. Zimmerman has been good, Boyd was solid and a lot better then Sanchez. Just hope we can get Norris on the mound this year so we can punt Pelfry out of the rotation. Bullpen still scares me outside of KRod but wouldn't be the Tigers without bullpen woes.

Malo

Banned
Jon Heyman

Top Yankees execs held conf call yest. There are no plans to trade anyone now, say senior NYY execs. May review end july.

I hope we're a minimum of ten games under .500 by the trade deadline.

Top Bottom