• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Sportsnet has been playing more Dodgers broadcasts this season and both of them have said "this guy is so boring, I don't like him."

Ugh.

Is this Buck and Tabby or Jamie and Zaun? Considering Vin is baseball's official circlejerk, I would rather hear proof before launching into the theatrics.

Ha. My mother and my girlfriend. I left out the most important part.

Mondays.

....eh. I'm willing to let it slide then. I can understand why some would consider Vin boring. Even yesterday, watching the Doyers - Barves game, Vin's voice made me want to sleep, but that may be because it was warm in the room I was in and it was perfect for sleeping.

Friggz

Jon Heyman

Top Yankees execs held conf call yest. There are no plans to trade anyone now, say senior NYY execs. May review end july.

I hope we're a minimum of ten games under .500 by the trade deadline.

clueless. the front office of this team is really a problem.

Central is going to be a dogfight to the end though. Cleveland looks like a good team, KC is still the reigning champs and then there are my Tigers. They were pretty much left for dead a few weeks back but there are too many good bats on the team for them to not get hot. The pleasant surprise has been the pitching, Verlander has got his mojo back, Fulmer looks like the real deal. Zimmerman has been good, Boyd was solid and a lot better then Sanchez. Just hope we can get Norris on the mound this year so we can punt Pelfry out of the rotation. Bullpen still scares me outside of KRod but wouldn't be the Tigers without bullpen woes.

I'm sticking to my original prediction of it coming down to the Royals and Tigers. I just don't think the White Sox are that great of a team. Fat Albers as your setup guy is asking for trouble. And I can't take any professional team based out of Cleveland seriously, so that removes the Indians from contention (despite owning the Royals so far this season).

I'm sticking to my original prediction of it coming down to the Royals and Tigers. I just don't think the White Sox are that great of a team. Fat Albers as your setup guy is asking for trouble. And I can't take any professional team based out of Cleveland seriously, so that removes the Indians from contention (despite owning the Royals so far this season).

Tribe are legitimately good. Not good enough to win it all. But they have had both the Tigers and Royals number so far. Though the Tigers are a different team then the one a month ago. Miggy has awoken from his slumber, JD is getting better, Vmart is Vmart, Castellanos is proving not a fluke and Maybin is giving us offence at CF. And the pitching is looking way different.

Tribe are legitimately good. Not good enough to win it all. But they have had both the Tigers and Royals number so far. Though the Tigers are a different team then the one a month ago. Miggy has awoken from his slumber, JD is getting better, Vmart is Vmart, Castellanos is proving not a fluke and Maybin is giving us offence at CF. And the pitching is looking way different.

I would like to see the Indians actually break through and get to the playoffs. They have the talent but can never fully put it together.

this sort of slobbering over him just gets a bit much, you know?

no-no-man-shit-no-man.gif

Cards are starting to turn the corner. Last 10 games, starter ERA is under 3.00, bullpen holding leads.
I'll believe it if they can compete against the Pirates next weekend. And if they don't crap the bed against the Reds.

Finally taking a series from a contending team is a good sign though.

They beat the MASH edition of the Royals who have four backups/AAA dudes in their starting lineup. I'm not downplaying the victories, because they don't determine who they face. But there is some context to those victories.

Also, they are from Cleveland. Choke City is always looming in the background.

BFIB

I'll believe it if they can compete against the Pirates next weekend. And if they don't crap the bed against the Reds.

Finally taking a series from a contending team is a good sign though.
I feel like this team is about to click once Peralta is back tomorrow.

I think Kolten has fallen out of favor.

Mortemis

Banned
I didn't realize how much Sardinas and Romero really cost us the games over the weekend until this morning. Ouch.

Neither are ML players tbh, Sardinas still has upside since he's pretty young but we should all know by now that Romero just isn't going to work out in the Major Leagues.

The lack of a second good outfielder that can play CF is something the FO will try to take care of in trades later on, that's if we can actually stay in contention. Lol

Neither are ML players tbh, Sardinas still has upside since he's pretty young but we should all know by now that Romero just isn't going to work out in the Major Leagues.

The lack of a second good outfielder that can play CF is something the FO will try to take care of in trades later on, that's if we can actually stay in contention. Lol

Pitching has to get back on track or its all moot. Argh.

Does the AAA Mets team draw fans? Yesterday it was 115°. This weekend it range from 108°-115°

Yeah no, we drew amazing crowds in Buffalo, but since moving to Vegas attendance has plummeted. Nobody wants to go to an open air stadium in one of the hottest places on earth.

Juan tore a ligament in his thumb, not broken like I feared. But the Mets aren't putting him on the DL because we're already shorthanded.

This totally won't backfire at all like letting him play with a torn elbow two years ago. Nope.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
They beat the MASH edition of the Royals who have four backups/AAA dudes in their starting lineup. I'm not downplaying the victories, because they don't determine who they face. But there is some context to those victories.

Also, they are from Cleveland. Choke City is always looming in the background.

Those "backups" and AAA dudes is a misleading statement. True they were just called up to deal with our injured vets but they've been playing lights out. Cuthbert has the worst batting average of the bunch and he's still hitting .261.

Do you really think those games would have been any different if it had been Moustakas, Infante, and Gordon? 2 out of those 3 didn't even look like they belonged in the pros. Cain was only out for a single game.

Cleveland beat us because they put bats to balls and didn't make any major defensive mistakes. They were without question the better team this weekend and it had zero to do with our lineup, unless you're talking pitching which paired nicely with our nonexistent offense and clown town defense.

The Royals have major problems right now and it isn't the AAA dudes.

Those "backups" and AAA dudes is a misleading statement. True they were just called up to deal with our injured vets but they've been playing lights out. Cuthbert has the worst batting average of the bunch and he's still hitting .261.

Do you really think those games would have been any different if it had been Moustakas, Infante, and Gordon? 2 out of those 3 didn't even look like they belonged in the pros. Cain was only out for a single game.

Cleveland beat us because they put bats to balls and didn't make any major defensive mistakes. They were without question the better team this weekend and it had zero to do with our lineup, unless you're talking pitching which paired nicely with our nonexistent offense and clown town defense.

The Royals have major problems right now and it isn't the AAA dudes.

That's fair to an extent. But we've seen guys like Orlando make boneheaded plays in right that cost is games, and nobody they've slated in left field comes close to Gordon. Dyson does great, but it leaves a gap on the other side. We also had Butera giving up free runs with numerous passed balls and horrible pickoff attempts that Salvy doesn't do.

But ultimately, shit pitching in one series. Oh well. I'm not really concerned, because the team was on fire up until they went to Cleveland.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Kolby Allard is finally making his A-ball debut tonight! Best baseball thing this season for a Braves fan so far.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Top Bottom