• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Fox318

16x9_pass_header_g21f4guw_tepctff6.jpg

http://m.mlb.com/braves/tickets/inf...id=739902355903152128&adbpl=tw&adbpr=21436663

seems like a good deal.

Baseball might not be the best but just being at the park is great

These uniforms epitomize the problem with the Padres.

They half ass everything.

Brown and gold? Can't embrace it and go all out. Nope. Have to add blue to it, so you get a mishmosh of colors and styles that looks like it was designed by committee.

Have a plan and stick to it, Pads. Rebuild or free agents. Can't do one one year and the other the next.

Going brown and gold? Go brown and gold. Ditch the blue. Do the right damned thing San Diego.

Any of you guys follow the draft closely? I should be... But can people tell me about this Ray kid from Louisville?

Out of Chicago, first big time prospect out of the city in quite a while. Baseball America says he has incredible raw talent that can be developed into something great with patience. Favorite restaurant is Red Lobster.
Plus power, ++ speed, walks as much as he strikes out.

Out of Chicago, first big time prospect out of the city in quite a while. Baseball America says he has incredible raw talent that can be developed into something great with patience. Favorite restaurant is Red Lobster.

real excited until the last part. We can change that
hopefully

Mortemis

Banned
Well, it was fun while it lasted. Maybe next year Mariners!

I'm already imagining the end of the season recaps. "After a strong start, the Mariners we're swept aside by the Twins, Indians, and Rangers twice to end their playoff contention".

Diaz' debut was awesome though. At least there's a silver lining!

Macattk15

Mariners were a product of their easy ass April and May I guess.

Oh well.

Used to this!

Paxton hit 100 like 10 times tonight. Edwin Diaz looked disgusting.

Chris R

I mean I know it's seriously not over, but we need to win those games if we want to make the playoffs. Our pitching was great, a few fielding errors, but WHERE were the bats.

If the bats show up, and the pitching is there, we are so damn good. Shame it takes a miracle for everything to show up the same day.

The Cubbitos have 5 qualified starters with a sub-3.00 ERA.

The Red Sox have 1 (Steven Wright)

Theo come back!

(tbf Theo did give us X, Mookie, Shaw, Swihart, Teen Heartthrob Brock Holt, among others)

BFIB

Cards lineup:

Marp
Piscotty
Holiday
Peralta
Grichuk
Adams
Molina
Diaz
P

That's a damn good lineup there.

Beckx

Looks like the Bucs are bringing up Taillon

Yep. A few weeks earlier than expected. Hopefully he adjusts and throws like he has been in AAA. I think this means Nicasio to the bullpen but we'll see. Will be interesting to see when/if Glasnow comes up this year.

I will likely miss the game traveling for work.

BFIB

1. Matt Carpenter, 2B

2. Aledmys Diaz, SS

3. Matt Holliday, LF

4. Stephen Piscotty, RF

5. Jhonny Peralta, 3B

6. Matt Adams, 1B

7. Yadier Molina, C

8. Randal Grichuk, CF

9. Mike Leake, P
6FA8YCE.gif

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
With the draft two days away, I'm feeling pretty settled on what I'm hoping for.

The ideal scenario would be

3. Kyle Lewis
40. Josh Lowe
44. Will Benson

But that's unrealistic. I'll settle for

3. Kyle Lewis/Corey Ray
40. Ian Anderson/Matt Manning
44. Somebody good

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
With the draft two days away, I'm feeling pretty settled on what I'm hoping for.

The ideal scenario would be

3. Kyle Lewis
40. Josh Lowe
44. Will Benson

But that's unrealistic. I'll settle for

3. Kyle Lewis/Corey Ray
40. Ian Anderson/Matt Manning
44. Somebody good
i know its another pitcher, but i wouldn't mind groome. But i really have no idea. Ray, Lewis and Groome seem to be the best talents. Probably prefer Ray over Lewis because Ray has a short swing.

the mock drafts are all over the place though. BA has Lewisto the braves, Law has Groome etc...all depends on what the phillies and reds do. which last week everyone was saying Puk and then Lewis. Now BA says Moniak going #1.

I'm sure they are hoping to sign someone underslot at 3 and then over at the 40 picks but i don't think players would wait till the 40s with other teams willing to go over slot in-between.

Top Bottom