• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
everyone.gif
With the 139th overall selection in the 2016 #MLBDraft, the #Braves select RHP Jeremy Walker out of Gardner-Webb University. #BravesDraft
Scouting Report:

Undrafted out of high school, Walker slowly but steadily developed into a prospect over his three-year career at Gardner-Webb. He forced his way into the rotation by his sophomore year, and took off as a junior this season. Walker has the body type that scouts look for in a young pitcher, with a high waist and wide shoulders defining his lanky 6-foot-5, 200-pound frame. His delivery starts with a hand pump to his hips and an early hand break, then he wraps his arm behind his back slightly before firing through a slightly higher three-quarters arm slot. Walker shows present stuff, with his fastball sitting routinely at 89-93 and bumping 94 often, though scoutssaid they saw him reach as high as 96 mph late in his junior season. The righthander throws a sweeping, early-breaking slider in the low 80s, which he locates to either side of the plate, and a soft curveball in the mid-70s to keep hitters off-balance the second time through the order. Walker could add more velocity down the line, as there's room for him to improve his hip-shoulder separation and improve his timing to get the most out of his natural strength.

965dc2815c04d03e9abd4eacee0b1de1.jpg

To make more of these awesome posters.

God I love 80's and 90's sports posters.

gamz

Christopher meola @DfineNrmLC
Source: Early names being discussed in Chapman to Cubs deal are Baez, Warren and a prospect.

Malo

Banned
Christopher meola @DfineNrmLC
Source: Early names being discussed in Chapman to Cubs deal are Baez, Warren and a prospect.
Bullshit. Yankees would sign off on that right now if true. Would be funny to see Warren come back home.

pls be true

Mets 11 picks have all been college players.

Gee I wonder what our plan to force restock the farm system is.

Cubs taking calls on Baez. I'd be offering Familia + for him.

The White Sox are .500 with a 30-30 record. They are 14-14 at home, 16-16 on the road, and have a run differential of 0, scoring 241 and allowing 241.

How cool is that?

zulux21

I didn't realize so many injuries could be in a single post without people running into each other or fighting each other.

The White Sox announced today that they’ve placed center fielder Austin Jackson on the 15-day disabled list with a medial meniscus tear in his left knee. Jackson will undergo surgery to repair the injury and will miss a minimum of six weeks, GM Rick Hahn told reporters, including Dan Hayes of CSN Chicago (Twitter link). Beyond that, Hayes tweets that Hahn informed the media that relievers Jake Petricka and Daniel Webb have undergone season-ending surgery. Webb had Tommy John surgery to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament, while Petricka required surgery to repair an impingement in his right hip.

I wonder if tim anderson will get some centerfield play time or if the white sox will make a trade.

The White Sox are .500 with a 30-30 record. They are 14-14 at home, 16-16 on the road, and have a run differential of 0, scoring 241 and allowing 241.

How cool is that?

that is the very definition of a middle of the road organization, which the White Sox have been for years. no big splash signings, no big controversy. a .500 record, gets mentioned sometimes in trades, the background noise as the day's scores are being read. just... sorta there. kinda. sort of. I guess. tell my wife I said hello.

I'm worried the Yankees won't trade with this recent winning streak they are on.

Top Bottom