• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

harSon

Banned
With Austin Meadows playing the way he is, and the Pirates aggressive promotions with him, I think it's a foregone conclusion at this point that we trade Cutch at some point by the trade deadline next year.

Mortemis

Banned
Red Sox gonna win this one.

Not a TERRIBLE outing from Sampson, would have loved to get more than a single fucking run from bases loaded zero outs tho

I knew we lost today pretty early in the game. When we had runners and second and third with no outs and our clean-up goes 1-2-3.

Sigh.

Choomp

Banned
That was probably the worst loss of the year so far. I'm really relying on another big trade deadline move and an extremely hot Summer for the Mets to make a run now, because the lineup is faltering pretty hard and there's still a lot of traffic on that DL.

zulux21

heh shields has a 21.81 era with the white sox after 3 games now. he has given up 21 runs in 8.2 innings including 5 home runs and a 3.81 WHIP (9 walks, 24 hits 5 strike outs)

despite everything I still don't have an issue with the trade. Shields shouldn't be this bad, and the white sox really didn't give up much for him. ideally he figures out what is wrong, or ends up on the DL for a bit and comes back strong.

maybe move him to long relief for a bit and give danish a shot at starting, can't really do any worse lol.

either way tune in thursday as it has been confirmed shields will be starting the game against the red sox @_@

gamz

heh shields has a 21.81 era with the white sox after 3 games now. he has given up 21 runs in 8.2 innings including 5 home runs and a 3.81 WHIP (9 walks, 24 hits 5 strike outs)

despite everything I still don't have an issue with the trade. Shields shouldn't be this bad, and the white sox really didn't give up much for him. ideally he figures out what is wrong, or ends up on the DL for a bit and comes back strong.

maybe move him to long relief for a bit and give danish a shot at starting, can't really do any worse lol.

either way tune in thursday as it has been confirmed shields will be starting the game against the red sox @_@

I thought it was a great trade when it happened and he's not this bad so I have no idea what the fuck is going on. They didn't get him for long relief. He needs to start and eat innings like he typically does.

Anyway, another solid Cubs win and watching Baez on a daily basis is pure bliss. The dude is a freak!

harSon

Banned
In the event that this is serious; you really think so?

We don't have much of a choice. Austin Meadows has been breezing through the minors, tearing up each league he passes through, and he's probably about a year away from an MLB call up - if not sooner. Unfortunately, our outfield is completely stacked (Marte, Cutch and Polanco) at the moment. We're a small market team, and in that regard - Cutch is the odd man out. Marte and Polanco are under team control for 5 and 7 years respectively. Cutch is under team control for two additional years, after which he'll likely command a hefty price tag given his career up to this point.

Paying him what he's worth as a small market team would absolutely destroy our window of opportunity as far as contending is concerned, which doesn't make sense to do - especially since we have a stud replacement waiting in his shadow. Trading him with 1-2 years of team control however, will net us quite the load - and as much as I love Cutch - the team will likely be in a better position because of it.

We're lucky to have had him as long as we did. The 6 yr(s) / $51,500,000 we signed him too was highway robbery as far as market value is concerned.

Yankees need to capitalize on the need for relief pitching this year. If they decide to hold on to those guys for a chance to contend they may miss a golden chance to retool.

Sanjuro

YYITe9K.jpg

Top Bottom