• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

harSon

Banned
qPLo7S6.png

pirates relievers out here with infinite eras and shit....

zulux21

I wonder if the white sox were willing to trade chris sale. how many of the following people could they get.

Yoan Moncada looks like he is going to be a really nasty lead off hitter when he hits the majors o_O

zulux21

time for the Indians to bring another championship to Cleveland.

nah... the white sox will fire ventura tomorrow, and that will awaken the beast.

the white sox will end up going 102-20 in their last 93 games beating other teams so badly that all the teams decide that the games should count as multiple wins. creating the new sox rule that if you beat another team by 25 or more runs it counts as 2 wins for you and 2 loses for the other team.

when they reach the playoffs the other teams will just forfeit not wanting to shame their fans by losing 150-5 in a 3 game series.

I wish my team would stop sucking so I didn't have to have bad fantasys.

I do doubt the indians will bring a championship home though. not unless they make some moves.

BFIB

I guess I need to accept that, barring a major turnaround, the Cards are going to continue to peak and valley and likely barely contend for a WC spot.

So, I need an AL team to monitor. Thinking the Indians?

gamz

I guess I need to accept that, barring a major turnaround, the Cards are going to continue to peak and valley and likely barely contend for a WC spot.

Might as well stay in the division and root for the cubs.

crpav

nah... the white sox will fire ventura tomorrow, and that will awaken the beast.

the white sox will end up going 102-20 in their last 93 games beating other teams so badly that all the teams decide that the games should count as multiple wins. creating the new sox rule that if you beat another team by 25 or more runs it counts as 2 wins for you and 2 loses for the other team.

when they reach the playoffs the other teams will just forfeit not wanting to shame their fans by losing 150-5 in a 3 game series.

I wish my team would stop sucking so I didn't have to have bad fantasys.

I do doubt the indians will bring a championship home though. not unless they make some moves.

LOL! I had a good fathers day except my 2 extra wishes. A white SOx win and a Cavs loss. Didn't happen so hoping the White Sox:

Fire Robin
Fire Hitting Coach
Get rid of Trash Shields
WTF Frazier? Dunn 2.0. I like the defense but the average is terrible.
Lawrie same. Strikeut waiting to happen. Same on defense but a strikeout machine.
GET THE OFFENSE FIGURED OUT!

zulux21

LOL! I had a good fathers day except my 2 extra wishes. A white SOx win and a Cavs loss. Didn't happen so hoping the White Sox:

Fire Robin
Fire Hitting Coach
Get rid of Trash Shields
WTF Frazier? Dunn 2.0. I like the defense but the average is terrible.
Lawrie same. Strikeut waiting to happen. Same on defense but a strikeout machine.
GET THE OFFENSE FIGURED OUT!

first two points are fine.
it's to early to give up on shields. he has indeed been garbage so far but unless he is hiding an injury he should still be able to rebound into a fine 5th starter.
as for Frazier he just needs to stop hitting to many fly balls.
and including Lawrie in the bunch, those two are the least of the white sox worries on offense
todd is tied for the most offensive WAR on the team and lawrie comes in 4th. Avisail Garcia is a troublesome spot as he is mostly DH, and a DH that is worth some of the lowest offensive WAR on the team is a serious problem that could be easily fixed. It would be a shame to give up on him though given the talent he has shown in the minors and his still young age though.

Would you be interested in on lightly used Jays team that will make you an emotional rollercoaster?

BPT's Gideon Turk (fwiw) has a post up calling for Stroman to be demoted to AAA and Hutchison to replace him.

TL;DR version:
- data suggests Stroman is missing his spots something fierce
- Jays need to maximize their run against non-ALE teams and maybe can't do that with Stroman trying to fix his control
- Hutchison seems to be pitching well enough in Buffalo

BPT's Gideon Turk (fwiw) has a post up calling for Stroman to be demoted to AAA and Hutchison to replace him.

TL;DR version:
- Jays need to maximize their run against non-ALE teams and maybe can't do that with Stroman trying to fix his control

Crazy times. I kind of agree.

I remember the original plan was for Hutchison to have spot starts to give the regulars some extra rest.

If they are going to do it, do it now.

zulux21

if the red sox can tag shields for 6 or more runs and knock him out in 5 or less innings he will officially have the worst stretch of 4 starts in white sox history :p

I do wonder if there has ever been a pitcher considered a trade chip that was traded and had a worse first 3 starts for their new team though.

TL;DR version:

I guess there's no harm in doing it this early in the season lest we are fighting for a spot come August.

I still have my doubts about Hutch turning a corner, but I am willing to let it slide if he puts in a few good game's worth.

Ultimately, if they are going to make a move, now is the time. They don't have a series against an ALE team for a good long while now, and a good chunk of the next few series are weak NL West teams or free falling teams (Astros, White Sox)

zulux21

Ultimately, if they are going to make a move, now is the time. They don't have a series against an ALE team for a good long while now, and a good chunk of the next few series are weak NL West teams or free falling teams (Astros, White Sox)

I'll warn you right now... the white sox are showing signs of coming back to life at least in the short term.

there is a good chance they win a couple in a row of their next 20 games. don't be surprised if it happens to the jays.

BigAT

if the red sox can tag shields for 6 or more runs and knock him out in 5 or less innings he will officially have the worst stretch of 4 starts in white sox history :p

I do wonder if there has ever been a pitcher considered a trade chip that was traded and had a worse first 3 starts for their new team though.

Not a starter, but Gagne was a complete nightmare as soon as he got traded to the Red Sox. And unlike Shields, he had been performing well in the season up until that point.

zulux21

I kind of feel like the Cubs bandwagon is gonna be rather full.

there is only one scenario where I root for the cubs. That would be if they face the giants in the playoffs. I might root for the cubs if they face the red sox in the WS, but even then I am not sure. at least against the giants if they win that doesn't mean the cubs win the WS :p

BFIB

there is only one scenario where I root for the cubs. That would be if they face the giants in the playoffs. I might root for the cubs if they face the red sox in the WS, but even then I am not sure. at least against the giants if they win that doesn't mean the cubs win the WS :p

My nightmare is a Cubs/Giants vs. Red Sox WS.

I'll root for the Giants, if only to see the Giants continue the even year shenanigans.

Oh man, yeah, that was a long time ago.

Its going to be interesting to see how many bandwaggoners join our merry band of misfits here in MLB GAF come playoff time.

It'll be all the Golden State "fans" that jump onboard now that the Warriors are no longer in fashion.

I'll root for whatever evil team makes it.

Orioles - Evil. Red Sox - Evil. Rangers - Ehhh, not evil. Indians - Racist, but not evil. Blue Jays - Evil.

Nats - Evil. Giants - Evil. Dodgers - Evil and Deadly. Cards - Evil. Marlins - LOL.

Really I don't know how you'd pick the most evil.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Orioles - Evil. Red Sox - Evil. Rangers - Ehhh, not evil. Indians - Racist, but not evil. Blue Jays - Evil.

Nats - Evil. Giants - Evil. Dodgers - Evil and Deadly. Cards - Evil. Marlins - LOL.

Whichever team La Russa is currently affiliated with. But they aren't contending so...

4YJzXnP.jpg

Ahhh, there's your answer!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Bickford had a spectacular debut at the A+ level with San Jose.

https://twitter.com/JoeRitzo/status/744647211162570752

Joe Ritzo
‏@JoeRitzo

Phil Bickford's day is done: 13 strikeouts in 6 innings. 2 runs, 2 hits, no walks. Retired 18 of 21 hitters. Remarkable Cal League debut.

2:45 PM - 19 Jun 2016

Adalberto Mejia's debut at AAA Sacramento was also good: 7 IP, 0 ER, 8 Ks, 4 H, 0 BB.

If Cain can't stay healthy I'm guessing we see Mejia within a month or two if he continues to do well at AAA.

zulux21

only one of those teams sacrificed millions of people in secret in order to obtain an even year curse :p

worst part you don't hear about, every time the giants win a game on an even year a puppy, kitten, baby seal, and dolphin all die and half life 3 gets delayed another week.

Fuck the Red Sox. I'll take a perm before I root for them.

I think you really only have two choices: the Cardinals and the Dodgers.

The Dodgers have New York roots, an overinflated payroll, and a bunch of selfish veterans. It's a lot like the 70's Yanks.

The Cardinals are just pure, unadulterated evil. The kind that flows directly from the bowels of Satan's butt.

Either way.

only one of those teams sacrificed millions of people in secret in order to obtain an even year curse :p

worst part you don't hear about, every time the giants win a game on an even year a puppy, kitten, baby seal, and dolphin all die and half life 3 gets delayed another week.

Well this got dark.

Top Bottom