• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i think the braves win streak will stop at 6. no world series.

edit: Ichrio 17 away from 3000

Choomp

Banned
If the Mets can bring back Reyes just as a backup infielder it'd be great but that certainly shouldn't be THE move. He can kinda be the Uribe of this year

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If the Mets can bring back Reyes just as a backup infielder it'd be great but that certainly shouldn't be THE move. He can kinda be the Uribe of this year

Even if his legs are shot, he would probably still be the fastest player on the Mets.

Which is sad.

Chris R

Mariners have resigned Tom Wilhelmsen and traded for Toronto pitcher Wade LeBlanc.

Uhh.... welcome back Tom....??

I'm sure he loves being back with the Mariners after we blew him up earlier in the season and helped get him out of Texas.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck why can't it be early May again.

Choomp

Banned
Ugh, Flores whiffed. Good throw by Rivera still

Never mind, guess there wasn't that much evidence or something. Really bad bunt by Duffy

Choomp

Banned
Yo the Ghosts sounds so dope. I would make my team like the cyborgs or something with some gray/white uniforms or some shit

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
West coast remains best coast:

http://www.mccoveychronicles.com/20...assic-home-run-derby-aircraft-carrier-dingers

Imagine a contest, where all the home runs hit are splash hits, you’re surrounded by old fighter jets, and the contest is on a boat. A giant boat. And not just any boat—an old aircraft carrier.

Well, that’s exactly what took place aboard the USS Midway in San Diego on Monday evening.

It’s the 75th anniversary of the California League this year and the Lake Elsinore Storm (High-A affiliate of the Padres), host of this year’s All-Star Game festivities, went all out and had the home run derby called the Midway Classic.

The California League is certainly different than most leagues, especially when you play in rather hitter friendly conditions like at Lancaster’s stadium, where there could be 30 MPH winds on any given night, or in High Desert, which is at 2,871 feet above sea level and also has a lot of windy conditions.

"This is as different you can get as far as a home run derby goes," Shaw said. "I mean, we're on a boat on the ocean, hitting balls into the bay. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it. I think if people are trying to compare the Cal League and other leagues in terms of differentness, this is definitely right up there."

Washington Nationals prospect and current Potomac Nationals third baseman Drew Ward agreed with the sentiment.

"This is Cal League written all over it," Ward said. "It's a lot different. Weather, people, you're by a beach, it's a lot different than the Carolina League."

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Looks like the Giants are trying Ruben Tejada out at 3B down in AAA.

Mets-GAF, does he have any past experience at that spot?

prag16

Banned
Familia at the top of his game. Trying to get a little revenge. The movement on these pitches.. crazy. The 98mph sinker for the strikout was insane.

Top Bottom