• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

BumRush

Watching our AAA team get demolished right now and got the score alert. Congrats on the sweep, Mets GAF.

See you when it matters.

(Probably not this year. I don't see us getting past the Cubs or even year shenanigans)

Edit: This post was written before our best offensive player and pitcher went to the doctor.

See you when it matters.

No way in hell we make the Series three years in a row. I'm really hoping everything syncs and we make the playoffs, but our starting pitching is a dumpster fire at the moment.

Watching competitive Royals baseball every day has me in heaven.

I was blasted a while ago for saying he's one of the best players in the game today.

lol, no you weren't.

you said he was in the conversation for best player in the game with trout, which is nonsense. carpenter has never had a 7 win season, let alone the types of seasons trout has had. he is a great player, but he's clearly not in the conversation for best player in baseball.

BFIB

lol, no you weren't.

you said he was in the conversation for best player in the game with trout, which is nonsense. carpenter has never had a 7 win season, let alone the types of seasons trout has had. he is a great player, but he's clearly not in the conversation for best player in baseball.

Marp has put up MVP quality seasons, just never got the attention on those numbers to hype up the player to that level.

He is easily one of the best in the game right now. He may not be Trout/Harper level, but he's in the 1B category. And he's put his numbers up in the leadoff position in the NL, which is even more impressive.

oo7e2y8.png

Marp has put up MVP quality seasons, just never got the attention on those numbers to hype up the player to that level.

He is easily one of the best in the game right now. He may not be Trout/Harper level, but he's in the 1B category. And he's put his numbers up in the leadoff position in the NL, which is even more impressive.

first of all, what does him batting leadoff have to do with anything, that would only affect meaningless counting stats like rbis.

and yes, you're exaggerating how good he is. great player? yes. underrated? yeah, by a good amount. one of the best in the game? no. typically, the leader in wins is around 9-10. he's had a 6.9 win season, a 5.2 win season, and nothing else over 4 before this year. in wins over the last 5 seasons, he's not even top 10.

great player, you don't need to act like he's better than he is.

BFIB

first of all, what does him batting leadoff have to do with anything, that would only affect meaningless counting stats like rbis.

and yes, you're exaggerating how good he is. great player? yes. underrated? yeah, by a good amount. one of the best in the game? no. typically, the leader in wins is around 9-10. he's had a 6.9 win season, a 5.2 win season, and nothing else over 4 before this year. in wins over the last 5 seasons, he's not even top 10.

You throw out "meaningless" counting stats like RBI, but then throw a bunch of WAR stats in the next sentence.

We're just going to agree to disagree.

Since becoming a full-time player in 2013, Matt Carpenter ranks 7th in fWAR for position players.

13th if you're starting at his half season 2012.

LJ11

Banned for his voodoo on Thor.

A guy that has been very good with Mets scoops says that Noah may have a bone spur. Wheeler on the other hand is fucked, whatever that means. Could feel it in my bones, main reason I was pissed off after losing the series last year. Knew some shit like this would go down, arms fall off all the time. Don't get too many shots and we probably blew ours.

Top Bottom