• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Syndergaard as a SP is probably done. He'll come back maxxing at 95 and next thing you know he's coming out of the bullpen for the Indianapolis Athletics.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thor posted on his instagram a photo of him and a little kid, with the caption: Happy elbows for me and mini Thor.

So good news?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
maybe the kid is a match for an elbow transplant

Z9Vl5Ld.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Citi Field turned into Panic Citi on Wednesday afternoon. Yet by night time, the prevailing hope was Noah Syndergaard and Yoenis Cespedes had avoided not only serious injury, but the disabled list altogether, The Post has learned.

Thank you, baseball gods.

zulux21

woot white sox are back to .500 with 3 in a row against the red sox.

which also mean they are 4-2 against the red sox this year meaning they can't have a losing record against them this year no matter how bad shields is unless they face them in the playoffs :p

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Anthony DiComo ‏@AnthonyDiComo

No structural damage in Syndergaard's elbow. No DL for Cespedes, just a mild wrist sprain. Nothing major for Wheeler, only nerve irritation.

woot white sox are back to .500 with 3 in a row against the red sox.

which also mean they are 4-2 against the red sox this year meaning they can't have a losing record against them this year no matter how bad shields is unless they face them in the playoffs :p

The odds were certainly stacked against the Sox tonight. Q struggling with Jones/Robertson unavailable and half of the bullpen on the DL and somehow they managed to win. They need a bullpen arm or two, nothing spectacular just good middle relievers and a bat before I believe in this team having a chance to make some noise come september/october though.

zulux21

The odds were certainly stacked against the Sox tonight. Q struggling with Jones/Robertson unavailable and half of the bullpen on the DL and somehow they managed to win. They need a bullpen arm or two, nothing spectacular just good middle relievers and a bat before I believe in this team having a chance to make some noise come september/october though.

first thing is first, we need shields to look like a 5th starter, not like he is washed up 3 years ago and yet somehow still playing :p

prag16

Banned
A guy that has been very good with Mets scoops says that Noah may have a bone spur. Wheeler on the other hand is fucked, whatever that means.

So, as expected, this was tales from some guy's ass? Probably no reason to relay info from this "a guy" again in the future.

Anthony DiComo ‏@AnthonyDiComo

No structural damage in Syndergaard's elbow. No DL for Cespedes, just a mild wrist sprain. Nothing major for Wheeler, only nerve irritation.

shanafan

Baseball question..

Tonight, Matt Fulmer pitched 4 1/3 innings for the Tigers before getting pulled after hitting 2 straight batters. When he was pulled, Tigers were leading 4-1 with the bases loaded by the Mariners. Kyle Ryan came in, got the two outs, pitched the next inning and then he was done for the night.

Tigers won 5-1 but Ryan got the win. Why?

Malo

Banned
Baseball question..

Tonight, Matt Fulmer pitched 4 1/3 innings for the Tigers before getting pulled after hitting 2 straight batters. When he was pulled, Tigers were leading 4-1 with the bases loaded by the Mariners. Kyle Ryan came in, got the two outs, pitched the next inning and then he was done for the night.

Tigers won 5-1 but Ryan got the win. Why?
A starting pitcher needs to pitch a minimum of 5 innings in order to qualify for a win.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Thanks. So how does the league rules declare the winning pitcher then?
Here ya go:

The winning pitcher is defined as the pitcher who last pitched prior to the half-inning when the winning team took the lead for the last time.
a. Exception 1, the starting pitcher must pitch at least 5 innings to be eligible for a win.
b. Exception 2, if a relief pitcher, who would normally be in line for a win, makes a "brief appearance" and is deemed ineffective, the official scorer can grant the win to the succeeding relief pitcher.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thanks. So how does the league rules declare the winning pitcher then?

The winning pitcher is the pitcher that was on the mound when the team took the lead.

So a reliever can come in and get one out, the team takes the lead the next inning and he gets the win.

It is a dumb system and why the W's stat is worthless.

So I might be heading to the Angels game on Saturday against the Athletics. What's the best thing to eat there?

It's a whole lot of mediocre, but I think the grilled cheese place is the best option. I'll never forgive the Angels for getting rid of the Fish Bowl. Those were some fantastic drunk fish and chips.

Chris R

It's been a long time since I've been to an Angel game. Last time I was there I had Panda Express. Maybe they still have Carl's in there

The Panda's express was always crazy busy when I was there in April lol

I didn't get any food in the stadium tho, lots of good eating options outside the stadium within walking distance (and AWESOME beer too)

Top Bottom