• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

carlos

and to think that some said that shelby miller for aaron blair straight up would have been an equal value trade...
(well, the results are similar, this year)

remember that prospects are just that; look at the so called crazy return for shelby miller:
a terrible blair, a .230 outfielder (yes, his defense is good) and a mediocre swanson (so far).
of course, small sample size and all that, but all the supposed big names from the red sox still carry a lot of risk; jesus montero, anyone?

go ahead and ask for the proverbial moon for teheran/viz
(disclaimer: I realize the trade proposal cygnus mentions is crazy)

Use batting average as your starting metric for evaluation in 2016 brehs.

Counterpoint: Adam Wainwright has a .750 OPS this season

In 32 plate appearances.

carlos

Use batting average as your starting metric for evaluation in 2016 brehs.

.230 .299 .309 .608

gimme a break .230 was the only number I remembered off the top of my head.
still a mighty unimpressive line.

and what is up with these braves, or should I say what is up with Matz and the mets?

I'm going to Coors Field tomorrow to watch the ghost of Shelby Miller pitch against the Rockies.

I swear on my honor to eat a hot dog with mustard and relish.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
There's a parallel universe out there where no one ever figured out you could bunt. I want to live in that universe.

Chase17

Great at bat from Leon. Still some life here.

Edit: Mookie!

Edit: Wild pitch and we take the lead.

Edit 3: Nice comeback but not exactly a game that installs confidence in the teams playoff potential. Price had a really bad game.

Doogdogg

koji-uehara-high-five.gif

Great at bat from Leon. Still some life here.

Edit: Mookie!

Edit: Wild pitch and we take the lead.

Edit 3: Nice comeback but not exactly a game that installs confidence in the teams playoff potential. Price had a really bad game.

I'd take it. This team needs to stop blowing so many chances early. They get a runner to 2nd or 3rd with 0 out and don't score, that's how it's been the last 2 week.

Chase17

koji-uehara-high-five.gif

I'd take it. This team needs to stop blowing so many chances early. They get a runner to 2nd or 3rd with 0 out and don't score, that's how it's been the last 2 week.
That's true. I'm just always on edge when it comes to pitching since I can never fully trust a knuckleballer.

That gif is hilarious

Slime

Banned
Jays are so annoying to watch with RISP. It's not even tense anymore, I just assume they're not going to capitalize at this point.

Top Bottom