• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Collins this is why you put your set up guy in at the beginning of the inning not in the middle of an inning with a man on. This one is on you. Another lost to the worst team in baseball, at some point if u keep losing to the worst team you becone the worse team. Garbage

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Collins this is why you put your set up guy in at the beginning of the inning not in the middle of an inning with a man on. This one is on you. Another lost to the worst team in baseball, at some point if u keep losing to the worst team you becone the worse team. Garbage

Excuse you, but the worst team in baseball is actually the Twins. Hope that helps you feel better.

Choomp

Banned

I don't really think this was entirely on him. Blevins for the lefties then Addison Reed(who clearly didn't have it tonight anyway, the biggest mistake here is the 0-2 meatball) is a fine plan in my eyes

BumRush

I just don't think relying on Reed isn't a bad thing to do judging on how good of a season he's had. However he really didn't have it tonight

And that happens from time to time. We can't always blame the manager when your setup man throws garbage one game. Sucks to lose another to the braves though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
On the commute home today I saw a guy wearing a Dodgers jersey but was also wearing an old Florida Marlins cap.

Doyers fans are the worst.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Still mad, eh?

DOUUJpQ.png

SpaceHorror

I went to the Braves game last night, it was a hell of a game to see live.

Every one of the fans were right with Snitker when he got ejected. Getting the win after that was an amazing feeling.

jbug617

Banned
Don't do this Dave. Tehran would get destroyed in the AL

Red Sox have inquired about both Julio Teheran and Arodys Vizcaino from the Atlanta Braves. However, there is no traction to a trade at this time. However, these two teams really do match up well for a potential blockbuster type deal at the trade deadline.

CygnusXS

Coppy just did a Twitter Q&A and he actually said that Dave Stewart was one of his favourite trading partners. Savage.

Went to the Angel game last night.

Wow. What a cemetery that place is now. Angels-A's is like a bad Cal League game at this point.

These are the first names of Angels that played last night: Jefry, Jett, Albert.

Terrible team.

Panik doing work this series! :D
jJvTyzM.gif

Can't rely on the Nats, gotta do this ourselves.
Picked up half game on the Doyers!

I will always love this gif.

On the commute home today I saw a guy wearing a Dodgers jersey but was also wearing an old Florida Marlins cap.

Doyers fans are the worst.

I have a coworker who went to a Dodgers game earlier this week with a Dodgers cap, even though he said he's Royals fan. He said that since they were in different leagues it's no big deal. Boo!

carlos

Dat HR/9

yeah he'd get fucking destroyed here. He's about as good as Porcello in the AL. Which is ok, but Benintendi/Moncada are guys I'd trade for Fernandez.

you'd need those two and a lot more for fernandez if the rumors are correct; might as well give those two for teheran, who has a cheaper contract as well ;p

not sold on either of them honestly, they still haven't adjusted to AA and are no sure thing

CygnusXS

Just flicking through some comments over on Talking Chop, and one person has argued that trading Teheran and Vizzy would require a return of "Moncada+Benintendi+Swihart+Espinoza+2 lower-level prospects (seriously)".

Hey why not throw in Devers and Groome too?

carlos

remember that prospects are just that; look at the so called crazy return for shelby miller:
a terrible blair, a .230 outfielder (yes, his defense is good) and a mediocre swanson (so far).
of course, small sample size and all that, but all the supposed big names from the red sox still carry a lot of risk; jesus montero, anyone?

go ahead and ask for the proverbial moon for teheran/viz
(disclaimer: I realize the trade proposal cygnus mentions is crazy)

remember that prospects are just that; look at the so called crazy return for shelby miller:
a terrible blair, a .230 outfielder (yes, his defense is good) and a mediocre swanson (so far).
of course, small sample size and all that, but all the supposed big names from the red sox still carry a lot of risk; jesus montero, anyone?

Dave Dombrowski's GAF account?

Malo

Banned

I hope you pull the trigger, Dave!

carlos

So apparently the braves missed out on a good looking 16th round bat because they got the draft figures wrong and rescinded their overslot offer.
the kid tweeted that it was all pending a physical, and then his dad tweeted the above information. now he's tweeted that he's going to Auburn.

way to go braves, good to know you've got your shit together :/

CygnusXS

So apparently the braves missed out on a good looking 16th round bat because they got the draft figures wrong and rescinded their overslot offer.
the kid tweeted that it was all pending a physical, and then his dad tweeted the above information. now he's tweeted that he's going to Auburn.

I've been following this too. It's been an interesting couple of days.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
hmmmmm

1250 AM Sports Talk
‏@1250SportsTalk

Former UK Baseball star, AJ Reed got called up to the Astros tonight and will be on the roster for tomorrow's game in Kansas City at 7:15.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I've been following this too. It's been an interesting couple of days.

best part about this story was that a random person from Jimmy John's originally broke the story of him signing.

Top Bottom