• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Gotta think this was the last chance for him. But knowing Matheny, who knows.

Glad the team didn't sign him to an expensive extension
If we extended him, he would probably be out for the season with TJ instead of blowing games and giving Cards fans heart attacks.

If we move Oh/Siegrist up the pecking order, who should handle the 7th? The rejuvenated Maness?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Oh shit that was close.

iaRItSc.gif

gamz

Wilson Contreras can straight out hit, and he's not a bad 1st baseman. Like at all!

Hopefully Rizzo is back soon.

Cards lost back to 10 game lead.

Lexxism

Jays are so annoying to watch with RISP. It's not even tense anymore, I just assume they're not going to capitalize at this point.
They definitely are. They are getting worst with RISP. Sometimes they even have two runners on with no outs and still can't get a run. fuckin brutal

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/746442108559589376

Jerry Crasnick Verified account
‏@jcrasnick

The #Angels are listening on Yunel Escobar. #SFGiants among the teams that have expressed interest in the veteran infielder.

1:37 PM - 24 Jun 2016

Not sure if want...

Also, which Phillies-GAF person wrote this series preview up? :p

http://www.thegoodphight.com/2016/6...d-to-play-giants-after-finally-winning-a-game

Coming off Wednesday's magical comeback win over the Pirates, the Giants are quietly chasing the Cubs for the sport's best record. And no one is really talking about it, they're still just gushing over the Cubs, me included. So the Giants have done it. They've out-underdogged the freaking Chicago Cubs, and you can just see where this is headed. I hate it. I hate the Giants. I hate all of this.

Jarrett Parker: The Giants offense is being powered by the same anonymous gallery that wins its division titles every even year. This narrative is stupid as hell, but what do you want me to say to you, Jarrett Parker (???) is 7-for-his-last-11, and because it's the Giants, six of the seven are singles. The other one is a double. God, I hate the Giants.

Brandon Belt: At least Belt is more of a real hitter, as his success has been a bit more sustained, with six home runs and 11 doubles in his last 24 games. He's hitting .302 with a .938 OPS on the season.

Mac Williamson: No. I don't care if he has four hits, including a home run, in his last three games. We're not doing this.

Jeremy Hellickson vs. Madison Bumgarner, 10:05 p.m.

Cripes alive, what are we even doing.

Former trade chip Hellickson threw a pretty efficient start last time out against the Diamondbacks, allowing only three earned runs in what became just another part of the nine-loss blur from which the Phillies only recently emerged. Striking out six and walking none, there's a chance that sort of behavior continues. Of course, prior to that start, he was getting either rocked or exhausted by opposing lineups, so the Phillies are just hoping he can get through enough innings that the tired bullpen doesn't have to come out and implode.

Meanwhile, Madison Bumgarner's biggest problem right now is figuring out how to get into the Home Run Derby. Go to hell, the Giants.

Aaron Nola vs. Johnny Cueto, 4:05 p.m.

First, we started to question Maikel Franco's future with the Phillies. Next, doubts about Nola started to trickle in. These doubts were not soothed by Nola getting punched repeatedly by one of the most paper-thin offenses in baseball in Minnesota. So, good luck against an offense that finds a way to win with Mac Williamson starting in the outfield, Aaron. We're all rooting for you.

Meanwhile, Johnny Cueto's biggest problem right now is making the All-Star team, a novelty that has eluded him in past years. Are you in hell yet, the Giants? If not, please go there. Thanks.

The salt is real!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Marc Carig‏ @MarcCarig

Michael Conforto has been demoted. Brandon Nimmo has been promoted. Jose Reyes is minutes from rejoining the Mets

Caja 117

Tex back in the lineup today...and Davis was DFAd...

I wonder if the Yankees are going to be able at last to go over 500 today...(and as Im typing a Hr from the twins, lol)

It sucks that management think Yanks have a shot this year and probrably wont trade players like Beltran/Chapman/Miller

Fuck that wife beater Reyes. He's a bum and I don't want him on the team. A shame Conforto was sent down but he was struggling big time. Hopefully he'll find himself in the minors and will be back soon. Excited to see what Nimmo can do!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Conforto started out the season looking like a star, what the hell happened?

Mad Bum ate his soul. Ever since Conforto faced him, he has looked lost at the plate.

Edit - Depressing stat. With Wright and Conforto no longer on the team, de Aza is the only player with more than one steal.

Choomp

Banned
Conforto started out the season looking like a star, what the hell happened?

People probably starting to get the book on him(soft stuff down and in), he looked super locked in this April but ever since then he's looked so lost at the plate. It's a shame though, I really liked the guy, hopefully he'll regroup and be back up at some point.

Mad Bum ate his soul. Ever since Conforto faced him, he has looked lost at the plate.

Edit - Depressing stat. With Wright and Conforto no longer on the team, de Aza is the only player with more than one steal.

That plus pitchers busting him inside and a wrist issue.

zulux21

given it wasn't clear if his foot was on or just off, i figured the safe would stand because that is the definition of indecisive

hopefully the white sox get the two runs in.

2 runs down after the 6th is way more doable than 4 runs down.

don't mind seeing gavin come in.

and right away there is one... come on keep it going. get that other one. though tying it up or more would be great too :p

bleh not quite a sac fly... come on next batter get a hit and score 2 to make it a one run game.

Now when I see Drew Storen coming in, I don't roll my eyes. He's really turned it around.

And just as I say this, he lets a home run up.

The horseshoe is up the White Sox ass again.

Top Bottom