• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

i am fucking livid, that was fucking bullshit, and those who think it was the right call are full of shit, you'll be pissed the hell off if it happened to your team too

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
J7vq9OA.jpg

Good life.

Beckx

i am fucking livid, that was fucking bullshit, and those who think it was the right call are full of shit, you'll be pissed the hell off if it happened to your team too

wanna put money on it?

guess why Bucs third baseman isn't playing right now.

then ask again if I'd be pissed.

Parch

There was absolutely no possibility of a double play. But the rule gives them a free double play to win the game? That's fair?

it has everything to do with injury. you call this rule tight and infielders don't get broken legs.

in case it's not clear: I wanted the college rule.

I guess so...its like giving a guy a speeding ticket going 1 mph over on the highway will stop people from going 100MPH over. It will work over time.

The Zack Greinke and Shelby Miller experiment is over. Rockies would do tremendous damage this season if they could get any production out of 1st base.

LevelNth

Banned
no more wooden bats, only wiffle bats.
Broken bats can injure someone. In fact, so can comebackers to the mound. Change to tennis balls asap.

It's pathetic and frankly disgraceful for people to be okay with this. Injuries happen, don't whine and say 'whaaa a player on my team is hurt, this rule is good!'. Injuries happen, it's called sports.

You want to institute a subjective rule that punishes blatant attempts to injure? Fine, go right ahead. A blanket rule that will continue to wussify the game is pathetic and unnecessary and this ending has made the game a joke tonight.

Broken bats can injure someone. In fact, so can comebackers to the mound. Change to tennis balls asap.

It's pathetic and frankly disgraceful for people to be okay with this. Injuries happen, don't whine and say 'whaaa a player on my team is hurt, this rule is good!'. Injuries happen, it's called sports.

You want to institute a subjective rule that punishes blatant attempts to injure? Fine, go right ahead. A blanket rule that will continue to wussify the game is pathetic and unnecessary and this ending has made the game a joke tonight.

Jesus fuck come on.

LevelNth

Banned
LOL how cute.

Two guys got their legs shattered last year, one of them STILL CAN'T PLAY.

The rule is fine all Joey has to do is not slide on a play where there was no chance of being doubled off it's not hard.
Injuries happen, stop whining. You don't want to get injured, don't play sports.

If injuries were occurring constantly, you have a point. How many people have slide hard into a double play? How many of those have caused a bad injury?

Stop wussifying the game.

Thing is, there are obviously bad illegal slides like Utley and obviously not dangerous slides like bautistas...its not cut and dry

Beckx

hold that L bro.

Guys please, it's April. This is when the Rockies are at their best...and then it all comes crashing down badly. We all are used to the story by now here in Mile High.

Top Bottom