• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
D6540S6.gif

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Drew Pomeranz, Starling Marte and Jay Bruce have been added to the NL All-Star roster to replace Thor, Ces, and Fowler.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
How the hell do you call that a strike? Even the catcher had to reach for it.

Drew Pomeranz, Starling Marte and Jay Bruce have been added to the NL All-Star roster to replace Thor, Ces, and Fowler.

Drew Pomeranz was traded by the Oakland Athletics along with Jose Torres and Jabari Blash for Yonder Alonso and Marc Rzepcynski.

Pomeranz is a 3.0 WAR pitcher already this year, 2.47 ERA, 3.18 FIP, 1.06 WHIP, 10.1 K/9
Jose Torres has a 1.17 ERA in AA this year.
Jabari Blash has struggled in the big leagues this year, with an OPS of .401 in 23 games and a -0.2 WAR.

Yonder Alonso is a -0.5 WAR starting 1B for the A's, .664 OPS
Marc Rzepcynski is a 0.5 WAR reliever.

So, the A's traded away 2.8 of major league WAR along with a guy in AA doing very well for 2 guys at combined replacement level, both on the wrong age of 27.

Another dumb fucking trade by the Oakland Athletics.

Drew Pomeranz was traded by the Oakland Athletics along with Jose Torres and Jabari Blash for Yonder Alonso and Marc Rzepcynski.

Pomeranz is a 3.0 WAR pitcher already this year, 2.47 ERA, 3.18 FIP, 1.06 WHIP, 10.1 K/9
Jose Torres has a 1.17 ERA in AA this year.
Jabari Blash has struggled in the big leagues this year, with an OPS of .401 in 23 games and a -0.2 WAR.

Yonder Alonso is a -0.5 WAR starting 1B for the A's, .664 OPS
Marc Rzepcynski is a 0.5 WAR reliever.

So, the A's traded away 2.8 of major league WAR along with a guy in AA doing very well for 2 guys at combined replacement level, both on the wrong age of 27.

Another dumb fucking trade by the Oakland Athletics.

How long do you think Forst has? Or is Beane still running the show behind the scenes?

How long do you think Forst has? Or is Beane still running the show behind the scenes?

It's never really been clear who had the ultimate okay on the Donaldson deal, which I think would be more telling for who's in charge than the Pomz deal. But, once you're in for Oakland you're in, so I doubt major moves happen.

Seems like the rest of the league caught up to what Oakland was doing and they haven't been able to find any new market inefficiencies.

But some of these moves really make one's head shake, don't they?

It's never really been clear who had the ultimate okay on the Donaldson deal. Once you're in for Oakland you're in, so I doubt major moves happen.

Seems like the rest of the league caught up to what Oakland was doing and they haven't been able to find any new market inefficiencies.

But some of these moves really make one's head shake, don't they?

I agree that they can't go on the Moneyball route anymore.Why the management group seems to think they can continue to do it is beyond me, though again, I wonder how much this is Beane pulling his will upon the upper brass and continuing to smash his head against the wall.

The A's remind me way too much of the Canucks currently: absolutely nothing of value to trade for or even get so they are automatically at a disadvantage at the table. Though in the case of Oakland, they have Sonny Gray that could land them a decent draft pick or B+ or higher prospect if they play it right.

I agree that they can't go on the Moneyball route anymore.Why the management group seems to think they can continue to do it is beyond me, though again, I wonder how much this is Beane pulling his will upon the upper brass and continuing to smash his head against the wall.

The A's remind me way too much of the Canucks currently: absolutely nothing of value to trade for or even get so they are automatically at a disadvantage at the table. Though in the case of Oakland, they have Sonny Gray that could land them a decent draft pick or B+ or higher prospect if they play it right.

Well they've been going against the moneyball thing for a few years now. What started when they dealt away Addison Russell for Jon Lester has kept going. They've got nothing left outside of Gray, and he's shaky now. There are some decent guys coming in the minors, but it's going to be a rough few years for sure. Can't even trade to rebuild anymore, there's nothing on the big league club that's much above replacement level.

Painful to correlate the A's to the Nucks lol but you have a point.

Yay A's win.

Well they've been going against the moneyball thing for a few years now. What started when they dealt away Addison Russell for Jon Lester has kept going. They've got nothing left outside of Gray, and he's shaky now. There are some decent guys coming in the minors, but it's going to be a rough few years for sure. Can't even trade to rebuild anymore, there's nothing on the big league club that's much above replacement level.

Painful to correlate the A's to the Nucks lol but you have a point.

Yay A's win.

Oh god, yeah. That trade set them back so far in terms of where they are at this point. Considering where they ended up even after being swept up by the Royal machine, with how terrible they were after the first half.

Top Bottom