• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Malo

Banned
Also, I really need Cano to continue to suck like he did for the previous Seattle years...if he's back to being Yankees Cano, I will cry into Ellsbury's contract. :(
Why? He'll still have 7 years left on deal after this season. Yankees made the right decision by letting him go, even if he has a great season. Ten year deals for players in their 30s never work out. Though they immediately fucked up by signing Tacoby.

Also Cano is on one of my fantasy teams. I need him to rake!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Why? He'll still have 7 years left on deal after this season. Yankees made the right decision by letting him go, even if he has a great season. Ten year deals for players in their 30s never work out. Though they immediately fucked up by signing Tacoby.

Also Cano is on one of my fantasy teams. I need him to rake!

Imagine if contracts back then were as hot on opt-outs as the current market is!

Mortemis

Banned
Morning games during class suck, can't watch them all but whatever.

Cano off to a good start, hoping he has a monster year.

Gibby not apologizing for the dress comment is bad form. Shapiro should give him a call about that.

Though I don't think it's in the same ballpark (pardon me) as the eye black situation. Some seem to equate the two. It's still disappointing to hear, though I am not surprised to hear it coming from Gibbons.

zroid

Banned
I don't know why Gibby didn't keep Floyd in there. Those hits were not struck particularly well

nah let's bring Arnold Leon into the highest leverage point in the game

Gibby and Bautista angered the baseball gods, and this is what we get.

Day off tomorrow and still didn't feel the need to go Storen-Osuna 8th-9th. Lunacy.

OTOH, the team wants/needs these peripheral guys to get innings, so they had to pitch sometime.

It just sucks that it happens when the bats are quiet.

Why do you say that?

Because the Jays have 2 (far) better options to go in that kind of situation. It's even funnier when you consider Gibbons going off about W's last night.

Parch

Giving everybody a shot I guess, but Leon sure didn't impress. Venditte didn't make the team. Apparently Tepera isn't good enough. Shultz and Loup are hurt. The B-team bullpen isn't looking very good.

LevelNth

Banned
OTOH, the team wants/needs these peripheral guys to get innings, so they had to pitch sometime.

It just sucks that it happens when the bats are quiet.
There's going to be plenty of chances at home up by 4+ runs to get those guys innings, not in save situations in division games on the road.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
BRAVES, RANGERS PRODUCED MOST PLAYERS ON OPENING DAY ROSTERS
If you look at major league Opening Day big league rosters, Atlanta leads the way with 34 players who were originally signed by the Braves.

There are 26 players originally drafted and signed by the Braves on big league rosters on Opening Day. Another eight international players who first signed with the Braves made rosters as well. The Braves’ homegrown talent has spread wide around the league as only six of those 34 players were on the Braves’ Opening Day roster.

And yet, 95 loss season incoming. Pirates are in last on the list, btw.

Top Bottom