• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Oh so physicality in sport is now misogynistic? So female athletes are incapable of physicality in sport?

Yea I'm sure that probably sounded better to you in the condescending and sanctimonious tone you expressed it in.

Seriously though, you should do some Googling on the sociology of gender.

Matt Moore just looks off after his TJ surgery. I remember a game against Chris Sale when both were just dominan, but he looks rather pedestrian right now.

edit: Welp, 3 run homer on a terrible meatball.

imBask

Banned
The baseball talk is strong in Montreal right now again. Man, I don't wanna have a shitty 16k average attendance team and be the laughing stock of the MLB... I really hope they don't fuck this up if it goes through

Parch

I like the way the Jays are all on the railing analyzing the pitcher and sharing info. They usually figure it out eventually. All the strikeouts are just part of the learning process.

Parch

The baseball talk is strong in Montreal right now again. Man, I don't wanna have a shitty 16k average attendance team and be the laughing stock of the MLB... I really hope they don't fuck this up if it goes through
The slow death is what angered the fanbase and I didn't blame them at all. It really pissed me off how MLB treated Montreal, and it would make me really happy if Montreal got another shot.

imBask

Banned
The slow death is what angered the fanbase and I didn't blame them at all. It really pissed me off how MLB treated Montreal, and it would make me really happy if Montreal got another shot.

i'd love it too, but looking at the numbers is still kinda worrying. even between 1984 and 1994 we weren't averaging over 18-20k, which would be bottom 3 of the MLB as of last year

i'd be the Expos #1 fan if they ever come back, but I still find it very risky

Parch

There was just so many circumstances that led to the death of the Expos. The strike that ended their best season was incredibly bad timing. Montreal fans can be a little fickle, but I really think they would embrace a second chance.
Is there any talk about a new ballpark? That could be a real sticking point for the league.

imBask

Banned
There was just so many circumstances that led to the death of the Expos. The strike that ended their best season was incredibly bad timing. Montreal fans can be a little fickle, but I really think they would embrace a second chance.
Is there any talk about a new ballpark? That could be a real sticking point for the league.

oh yeah it's like half the talk lol. You can't talk baseball without talking new ballpark downtown, there's no chance in hell we're getting a team to play in the Big O again (unless it's just temporary while the new ballpark is under construction)

Anyway, replacing the Big O roof would cost almost as much as building a new ballpark, that thing is (sadly) a hot mess

You would be fickle too if you there was no way to watch your team on TV.

And the only way to watch your team is go to a monstrosity of a stadium.

I still haven't read of any legitimate propositions to make a new ballpark happen in Montreal.

I imagine they will have to sell it as a multi-use facility with a retractable dome and try to get the city/province to pay for some of it. That's how these things usually go, I think.

imBask

Banned
I still haven't read of any legitimate propositions to make a new ballpark happen in Montreal.

I imagine they will have to sell it as a multi-use facility with a retractable dome and try to get the city/province to pay for some of it. That's how these things usually go, I think.

There's a couple of groups who are SUPPOSEDLY ready to invest in a new ballpark. I can't remember who but someone last weekend said that "money wasn't an issue"

this is my point though, I don't know how I feel about using tax money for something that risky. I love sports, I understand the importance of sports team, but we had one and lost it... this is risky business

Happ needs to elevate his fastball more often. Throwing knee high fastballs may mitigate the long ball, but you'll still get hit around if you're too obvious with it.

zulux21

I see Jeff doing his best Timmy impression with these early inning troubles.

nah samardzija looks like he is pitching like samardzija.
he is just a vastly over rated pitcher like edwin jackson was a few years back.

has a good arm, but not consistent.

I was happy to see the giants sign him as that was a huge waste of money :p

imBask

Banned
So I should probably not wear my Nats hat when I go to Montreal later this summer, right?

nah don't worry, Montreal isn't Philly ;) I think everyone understand the situation, no one is blaming Washington for getting the team. Don't wear an "I love Loria" shirt though

Parch

You would be fickle too if you there was no way to watch your team on TV.
Yup. Part of the circumstances. A Canadian network failing to embrace the Expos bugged the hell out of me too. Everybody wanted the Jays and the Spos got kicked to the curb.

This is triggering my anger again. I was an Expo fan long before the Jays even existed, and their treatment and slow demise was infuriating.

nah don't worry, Montreal isn't Philly ;) I think everyone understand the situation, no one is blaming Washington for getting the team. Don't wear an "I love Loria" shirt though

I wonder what it would take to get the Nationals to do the two game series with the Jays, and wear Expos' jerseys.

imBask

Banned
we just like to show people love is all

Phillies suck, Ghostbear will bust, Eagles exist

FynBoSF.0.gif

Top Bottom