• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

nillapuddin

Just got off the plane, Reds walk off again
Fuck yes

5-1 baybeee

I'm pretty sure schedule wise, April is the most difficult in terms of opponents, so I'm not counting chickens with a bunch of eggs.

Just be competitive and play .500+ baseball = successful year

RBH

Hey RBH,

Let's make this fun. Which team will have the worst record this year, the A's or the Braves?

How bout this. If the Braves finish with a worse record, I'll send some delicious Bay Area treats your way. Sourdough bread, ghiradelli, that kind of stuff.

If the A's have a worse record, you send me whatever people in Atlanta eat outside of Chik fil a?

Looking forward to getting some Bay Area treats at this rate!

Chris R

Bases loaded? How will the Mariners blow it this time???

And lol at the A's being the AL Braves, that title belongs to the Mariners.

jbug617

Banned
I had just turned on the TV when Winkler was pitching, and Chip and Joe were raving about how well he was pitching, especially after coming back from Tommy John surgery in 2014, and how he's looked like the best person in the bullpen so far.

So I turn the TV off, and a few minutes later, Winkler apparently blows his arm out.

Terrific

fracture right elbow according to Braves telecast

RBH

yioV1.gif

Gore going first to third on a simple pickoff error was impressive enough. Breaking for home on a pitch that didn't even get behind the catcher and only made it 15 feet from home was insane.

That's what speed do.

Pitcher from the Twins fucked up on that pitch, lmao.

Mays was completely off from the get go, with a four pitch walk. But once Gore came on as a pinch runner, he became totally flustered. Constant pick off attempts (including the costly error) and fastball after fastball.

You aren't going to stop Gore from stealing a base. He's 8/8 at the MLB level. You should just focus on getting the hitters out at that point.

BFIB

The Cards scored 31 runs and hit 5 HR this series. I'm sure it's above the mean, but offense is fun to watch.

Top Bottom