• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

So most Rogers stores up here in Canadiana have this dumb little cardboard thing that you can write stuff on so that it will be put upon the tunnel at Rogers Centre.

...I may have put #teamketchup upon it.

LevelNth

Banned
This Story guy might be pretty good. He's also $19.5M cheaper than Tulo, so there's that.
Tulo = 3 for 25 with 10Ks so far. Off to another great start. WAR of 1.5 last year too for those hoping he'll turn it around.

Will go down as one of the worst trades in Jays history when Hoffman starts ripping it. Syndergaard 2.0 for an even worse asset in return.

AA was a joke.

Tulo = 3 for 25 with 10Ks so far. Off to another great start. WAR of 1.5 last year too for those hoping he'll turn it around.

Will go down as one of the worst trades in Jays history when Hoffman starts ripping it. Syndergaard 2.0 for an even worse asset in return.

AA was a joke.

It's the start of the season. Calm down.

Besides, he's fairly reliable defensively. As long as he doesn't explode on the turf at home or in Tampa, I could care less.

Yeah, Sal, I'll take that there uhh Ruben on rye... Yeah, The Ruben Rivera. Hold the pickles though, Sal, will ya?

lol

AA was a joke.

I said it was a terrible deal when it happened. Not because Tulo is bad, because he's obviously not. It's that damn contract. Reyes has a horrible contract, too, but it's done after the 2017 season. The Blue Jays are going to be paying Tulowitzki $20M per year through 2020. The dude gets hurt all the time, and that's likely to become more common when he hits 35.

I wonder how his glove will be holding up in five seasons from now...

Sanjuro

I said it was a terrible deal when it happened. Not because Tulo is bad, because he's obviously not. It's that damn contract. Reyes has a horrible contract, too, but it's done after the 2017 season. The Blue Jays are going to be paying Tulowitzki $20M per year through 2020. The dude gets hurt all the time, and that's likely to become more common when he hits 35.

I wonder how his glove will be holding up in five seasons from now...

Toronto didn't make that trade for his glove five years from now.

I couldn't watch Reyes let another ball roll through his five hole. Tulo seems in limbo though. He didn't like the trade at all and I don't think he's comfortable in TO despite what he says.

I couldn't watch Reyes let another ball roll through his five hole. Tulo seems in limbo though. He didn't like the trade at all and I don't think he's comfortable in TO despite what he says.

No, he isn't. I could see that coming from his introductory press conference. I believe he is still miffed at the Colorado ownership for backstabbing him, and Shapiro and co. haven't been very convincing and welcoming to him.

Still, I agree with you that Reyes needed to be traded. Though to be honest, he would have been traded anyway if the same timeline of events happened (IE, his domestic violence charge) Pretty much the same situation with Yunel Escobar.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Ahahahahaha:

https://twitter.com/RealJoshReddick/status/719321634197217280

Josh Reddick Verified account
‏@RealJoshReddick

Apparently we made the jump to a new plane. #AreYouKiddingMe

5:30 PM - 10 Apr 2016

CfuLNNHVIAMJBPF.jpg

So my eldest son's little league went from 5 teams last year to 10 this year.

And my son's team is called the Mariners.

He'll be fine. Griping about this deal seems a bit premature. His defence has been good, and the hitting will come.

zulux21

The Red Sox really need an ace.

I'll trade you Chris sale for xander bogarets, mookie betts, jackie bradley jr, yoan moncada and rafael devers :p

might have some wiggle room on jackie bradley, but the others are a must and the corner stone is mookie betts because it's the best player name since coco crisp :p

Top Bottom