• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Choomp

Banned
Made some trades that we're probably detrimental to my fantasy team but wth

Now I'm contemplating adding..*gasp* Carlos Gomez...oh god these are the worst of days

I also dropped Aaron Nola because I was getting so restless. I've thought about Gomez, lol, but I think actually considering putting Jose Reyes on my team in 2016 is even wackier

Beckx

meanwhile

Shohei Otani had a blister open up during his last start and is unable to pitch in the two NPB all star games this weekend

so instead he'll be a position player and participate in both home run derbies.

beast

meanwhile

Shohei Otani had a blister open up during his last start and is unable to pitch in the two NPB all star games this weekend

so instead he'll be a position player and participate in both home run derbies.

beast

Why the two, of everything? To make up for the fact that the leagues are generally separate?

Beckx

Why the two, of everything? To make up for the fact that the leagues are generally separate?

Dunno.

First game & derby is held at a Pacific League stadium, then next day a second game & derby at a Central League stadium.

It's probably just to generate max ticket sales and share revenue. But IDK.

They play a schedule of 18 interleague games a few weeks before the all star break, but otherwise, yeah, no crossover til the Japan Series.

Dunno.

First game & derby is held at a Pacific League stadium, then next day a second game & derby at a Central League stadium.

It's probably just to generate max ticket sales and share revenue. But IDK.

They play a schedule of 18 interleague games a few weeks before the all star break, but otherwise, yeah, no crossover til the Japan Series.

Ah. It seems weird to have two ASG's and two HR derby's.

wbsmcs

In your eyes, which teams win their divisions and who gets the WCs?

AL:

Division:
Jays
Indians
Rangers

WC:
Red Sox
Astros/Orioles - Game 163 -> Orioles

NL:

Divison:
Nats
Cubs
Giants

WC:
Marlins
Mets

Looks like everyone so far agrees on divisons

gamz

Damn. A lot of Marlins WC love up in here

When the Cubs played them I was really impressed as were they. Bryant said that's the best bullpen he has faced all year. Nice little team and I hope the Cubs don't meet them in the playoffs, again....

Wallace Matthews (Yankees beat writer for ESPN) is saying there's a split within the Yankees FO regarding what to do the rest of the way. Cashman + baseball people want to sell, Hal/Randy Levine + business side think they can still contend.

EDIT: Here's his article.

As they head into the second half of the 2016 season, the New York Yankees are the definition of mediocrity with a 44-44 record. They face a daunting task to make the playoffs, sitting in fourth place in the AL East, 7 1/2 games behind the division-leading Baltimore Orioles and needing to leapfrog a half-dozen teams to qualify for the second wild-card berth.

And yet, there is a division within the inner ranks of the organization as to whether the team should be buyers or sellers at the upcoming non-waiver trade deadline.

Friggz

Wallace Matthews (Yankees beat writer for ESPN) is saying there's a split within the Yankees FO regarding what to do the rest of the way. Cashman + baseball people want to sell, Hal/Randy Levine + business side think they can still contend.

EDIT: Here's his article.

there are no words to express how much i hate levine. they know what will happen if they sell.

that being said, the team can still sell and contend this year. they can trade from a position of surplus to fill a position of need.

Sure would be nice if Bird hadnt gotten hurt.

Top Bottom