• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Red Sox spent years cultivating the best farm in baseball just to obliterate it for a maybe outside chance at a ring with a deeply flawed team.

I love it.

Does this mean we get Kevin Durant?

himZD0M.gif

oh Sanjuro...

gamz

Dombroski has no problems unloading the farm for a ring.

Looking at Espinoza stats in single A, which he should be dominating....I honestly don't blame him. He's been pretty shitty.

I mean it's not a awful trade...For now.

JaMarco

Looking at Espinoza stats in single A, which he should be dominating....I honestly don't blame him. He's been pretty shitty.
He hasn't been "shitty" but he's not exactly the stud phenom everyone is making him out to be either. Urias, Fernandez, and Hernandez were destroying the low minors at his age.

gamz

He hasn't been "shitty" but he's not exactly the stud phenom everyone is making him out to be either. Urias, Fernandez, and Hernandez were destroying the low minors at his age.

Right. It's not a bad trade. He's at least 3 years away and Pomeranz is good now. I think it works out for both teams.

It's fair market value and not the overpay I thought it was.

agreed. despite how things look right now, the team is actually in a very good spot. They can trade their veterans to contending teams for talent, they have a ton of money coming off the books in the next 2 years, and they should be getting a lot more talent from their farm over the next year +.

Yankees won't be as good as they can be as long as they have people like Levine in charge of things. and as long as the "business" side has an equal say in how the team is run my expectations are tempered. we should be selling right, look what the Padres got for Pomeranz. Yankees could bring in a decent haul.

Friggz

Yankees won't be as good as they can be as long as they have people like Levine in charge of things. and as long as the "business" side has an equal say in how the team is run my expectations are tempered. we should be selling right, look what the Padres got for Pomeranz. Yankees could bring in a decent haul.

i should have prefaced my post saying the team would be in a good spot if they had a competent front office.

gamz

I wonder if the Cubs dangle Dan Vogelbach with a lessor package the yanks will bite.

The dude can flat out rake and his OBP is off the charts. Bad news is Rizzo is at 1st base, the yanks need a 1st basemen, and he has the yanks written all over him.

Cubs are going to end up getting Doolittle or Abad probably. McKinney and Vogelbach will probably be the dudes that we talk about mostly in trades.

gamz

Cubs are going to end up getting Doolittle or Abad probably. McKinney and Vogelbach will probably be the dudes that we talk about mostly in trades.

I love Doolittle, but he's on the DL with a shoulder strain. Not exactly comforting for the next 2-3 months.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
30 for 30. Awesome as always.

Doc looked a little too shaky in that restuarant interview though.

jbug617

Banned
Dombrowski talking to the media.

Kopech and Groome made it a little easier to trade Espinoza
Would of prefer to do a 3-1 but the asking price is high right now.
It's a sellers market and it was possible that prices will keep going up.
Pomeranz will pitch Wednesday (I think that would be against the Giants at Fenway)
Probably done with trades. Willing to listen now
Pomeranz not being a rental was very appealing.

Malo

Banned
I wonder if the Cubs dangle Dan Vogelbach with a lessor package the yanks will bite.

The dude can flat out rake and his OBP is off the charts. Bad news is Rizzo is at 1st base, the yanks need a 1st basemen, and he has the yanks written all over him.
Lol you aren't getting any of our relievers with Vogelbach as a centerpiece of a deal.

And we have our first baseman of the future in Greg Bird.

Top Bottom