• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Joe

Last post-season appearance visualized, via r/baseball

hBpmsNH.png

Chris R

It's ok though, Mariners fans can't complain because the Seahawks won some football game or something a few years ago I guess?

there are no words to express how much i hate levine. they know what will happen if they sell.

that being said, the team can still sell and contend this year. they can trade from a position of surplus to fill a position of need.

Sure would be nice if Bird hadnt gotten hurt.

Bird getting hurt and Severino shitting the bed kinda screwed up what little chances they had this year.

Damn the torpedoes, though - the Yankees will put 3M in the seats even if they sell. They should do it, IMHO.

Friggz

Bird getting hurt and Severino shitting the bed kinda screwed up what little chances they had this year.

Damn the torpedoes, though - the Yankees will put 3M in the seats even if they sell. They should do it, IMHO.

agreed. despite how things look right now, the team is actually in a very good spot. They can trade their veterans to contending teams for talent, they have a ton of money coming off the books in the next 2 years, and they should be getting a lot more talent from their farm over the next year +.

SOX GET THEIR STARTER

SOX GET THEIR STARTER

SOX GET THEIR STARTER

Dennis Lin
‏@sdutdennislin
Sources: The Padres have agreed to trade Drew Pomeranz to the Red Sox.

Friggz

SOX GET THEIR STARTER

SOX GET THEIR STARTER

SOX GET THEIR STARTER

Dennis Lin
‏@sdutdennislin
Sources: The Padres have agreed to trade Drew Pomeranz to the Red Sox.

what about the other 3 spots in the rotation?

kidding aside, im curious to know what they gave up. his injury history is scary as fuck and moving from petco to the AL east wont be easy.

The Sox just traded this for Drew Pomeranz.

gif8.gif

I mean, the Sox are in a position where they will perpetually be a "Win Now" organization. And DD is a "win now" executive.

But Drew fucking Pomeranz? Really? That's the best he could do?

This screams of a desperation move.

If this is the market, holy shit though, the Brewers and Rangers need to be on line one to the Sox for assets.

At this point, time to work with the assumption that every prospect in the Red Sox organization is available.

Moncada
Benintendi
Owens
Devers
Kopech
Travis
Rodriguez

All of them

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Pomeranz has been good this season, but he isn't exactly stretched out as a starter. How many innings do they expect to get out of him?

Pomeranz has been good this season, but he isn't exactly stretched out as a starter. How many innings do they expect to get out of him?

He's already at 102, I give it about a month before the tires fall off. Especially in a hitters ballpark like Fenway.

Dombrowski is going to destroy this farm system just like he did to the Tigers system. To build a winner that never wins.

Doogdogg

That was fast, Groome is yet to to officially sign. But he has taken his physical, a deal is said to be in place for $3.75M.

With Groome close, I guess DD was quick to pull this off.

Last winter, I think adding Espinoza to the package they dealt for Kimbrel would gotten Hamels. They also had talks to acquire Chapman, and could gotten him for pennies if they waited.

This is the price you pay with Dombrowski. He's a wait and see guy, but the problem with that is that by the time the market establishes itself, you get screwed.

Top Bottom