• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Bottom of the 11th. Why am I watching this?
Given that the Twins can't do anything but lose to your team, I assume you're watching for a win. Why I'm watching a team that's 23 (about to be 24) games under .500 at fucking 2:10 am is the real question.
I'm an idiot.

Given that the Twins can't do anything but lose to your team, I assume you're watching for a win. Why I'm watching a team that's 23 (about to be 24) games under .500 at fucking 2:10 am is the real question.
I'm an idiot.

Bless Hosmer for putting both of us out of our misery. Only 12:17 Pacific time, but still painful,

I have a question for MLB-Gaf...

Why in the world does Ichiro not start every game? He batted 330 the first half. Only 260 post all star but the point is he batted 330 the first half...who the marlins have that are so much better?

Ichiro said in an interview I could get 200 hits this seasn if I was playing every day so it's not his health or b/c he's old and i agree. His OBP is very good too...better than his career. It's 370 so he's taking more walks.

Why are the marlins doing this?

Why in the world does Ichiro not start every game? He batted 330 the first half. Only 260 post all star but the point is he batted 330 the first half...who the marlins have that are so much better?

Ichiro said in an interview I could get 200 hits this seasn if I was playing every day so it's not his health or b/c he's old and i agree. His OBP is very good too...better than his career. It's 370 so he's taking more walks.

He isn't that good in the outfield anymore, not like the AL where you can stick him in DH and let him focus on hits

Or as I prefer it, Don Mattingly sucks as a manager

He isn't that good in the outfield anymore, not like the AL where you can stick him in DH and let him focus on hits

Or as I prefer it, Don Mattingly sucks as a manager
How is he not good in the outfield...he stiill has his cannon arm. Is there statistics to back this up? He needs to get off this crap Marlins team and go to the AL

How is he not good in the outfield...he stiill has his cannon arm. Is there statistics to back this up? He needs to get off this crap Marlins team and go to the AL

I'd say it's more a general idea of Ichiro losing his vaunted speed in the outfield to age, meaning he isn't as good at shagging slicing balls.

Mortemis

Banned

iirc they played him quite a bit last year and his numbers dropped from fatigue, not sure tho. He probably can't handle the strain of playing everyday at his age now, better for him to be a fourth outfielder.

Lol Stanton, Ozuna, and Yelich are all better than 42 year old Ichiro. I do love having him as our fourth outfielder though.

If he was used every day, his effectiveness would be much lower. The only reason he had a .330 average in the 1H was because he hit .368 in June, which he only did because he had a .403 babip, which is ridiculous, and well over his career norm of .340.

So, he hit .330 in the 1H because he got very lucky, for the most part.

Since those 68 plate appearances in June, he's hit around .250 in July and August, and still has a higher than career average babip in those months.

He's not playing more because he really just isn't very good anymore.

my god the dodger pitching staff is such a shit show

I dunno how they've been able to get away with this long as they have but it's catching up to them

That was great baserunning by Goins last inning. Those are the kind of runs we need to manufacture with all the strikeouts lately. Just put the ball in play and good things can happen.

Top Bottom