• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
CqZA10qVIAACm4_.jpg

Random lineup day!
lol wat

Braves GM John Coppolella on MLB Network Radio said that Matt Kemp is too fat and they want him to lose weight in the off-season.

well at least they were honest, i guess?????????

if I was Matt Kemp though I would be pissed at that comment, he's does look pretty good in terms of the body front, and most of his playing troubles aren't down to weight, it's down to his arthritic knees

well at least they were honest, i guess?????????

if I was Matt Kemp though I would be pissed at that comment, he's does look pretty good in terms of the body front, and most of his playing troubles aren't down to weight, it's down to his arthritic knees

If I were Matt Kemp I would take a selfie of myself eating Taco Bell while laying in a pool of money and send it to John Coppollela.

Eh, they got 2 runs. Hitting was average all series. Credit to Cleveland for nearly pulling off 3 come-from-behind wins in a row.

Not sure what they'll do with Cecil. Bad as he's been this year, is there a better option in Buffalo?

Eh, they got 2 runs. Hitting was average all series. Credit to Cleveland for nearly pulling off 3 come-from-behind wins in a row.

Not sure what they'll do with Cecil. Bad as he's been this year, is there a better option in Buffalo?

Why put him in high leverage situations? That's on Gibby, Cecil has been a bum most of the year and hasn't pitched for a while. He's not your high leverage guy anymore, Be a genie is, Grilli and Benoit, you're one inning from Osuna up by one run, you're battling for first in AL East, don't fuck around, you're not trying to build anyone's confidence at this point, if you don't have ice in your veins, then fuck off.

Gibbons should have left Stroman in there. He was only at 99 pitches on 6 days rest. But no, Gibbons thinks he's smart, and he puts Cecil in, who has been awful in high leverage spots this year.

today's Jays phrase of the day is: high leverage

that being said, this series sucked, but I am fine with it. As long as we continue to win games, I don't care how slim of a lead the AL East is.

Grilli and Benoit are old, need rest and can't pitch everyday. At some point you just have to use the fringe guys and expect your star hitters to come through if something goes wrong - which they very nearly did.

This series reminded me of the Kansas-Jays one just after Toronto made all those deadline moves last year. Very competitive, very even.

Grilli and Benoit are old, need rest and can't pitch everyday. At some point you just have to use the fringe guys and expect your star hitters to come through if something goes wrong - which they very nearly did.

This series reminded me of the Kansas-Jays one just after Toronto made all those deadline moves last year. Very competitive, very even.

Indeed. As much as Benoit and especially Grilli have shown to be worthwhile pickups, you don't want to run them down and have them ineffective come September, October crunch time.

And ultimately, all of us are playing armchair manager. Gibby, as much as we disagree with him, has the experience of making tough decisions in the heat of the moment.

Gibby once again tried to cut things too close, I would turn the ball over to Be a Genie before ever giving it to Cecil.

Indeed. As much as Benoit and especially Grilli have shown to be worthwhile pickups, you don't want to run them down and have them ineffective come September, October crunch time.

And ultimately, all of us are playing armchair manager. Gibby, as much as we disagree with him, has the experience of making tough decisions in the heat of the moment.
All Gibby does is stubbornly stick to things like left on left matchups and doesn't realize who he has in his bullpen, he cuts way too close with his batting order and gives his best hitters way too many days rest when things are down to the wire, it's like he doesn't care about winning at all.

Winning is everything right now, when you're in a pennant race, that's all that matters, that's what makes it so frustrating watching the Jays under Gibby.

We're going to look back at games like this one thinking this was one that we should've won.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Kevin McAlpin
‏@KevinMcAlpin
Freeman says the right middle finger has been bothering him all season but got to a point yesterday where he needed an injection. #Braves

Jesus man

Mortemis

Banned
Basically everyone in front of them in the division and wildcard lose and the M's decide to blow a three run lead in the ninth. Cause fuck winning amirite. #MarinersBaseball

Hooooo boy.

Never thought of Billy being a fighter, but Valencia is a well known piece of clubhouse garbage.

Hopefully the story will come out.

Top Bottom