• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Jose in the leadoff spot today. Yay?

The guy manages to produce even when he's slumping. Got a sac fly across. I will give him that.

If he gets his share of walks I prefer him near the top of the lineup as opposed to further back.

As for the Jays, this is such a strange beast of a team. The potential is there and they are in first place but just so frustrating to watch most of the time.

E: Queso, Albert hits behind Escobar and Trout. He's going to get the 100 Rbi's

Only had 95 last year in 602 at bats in the same spot in the lineup.

He's a worse player this year, .763 OPS vs .787 OPS last year, and his ISO is horseshit at .182, and he's just 1 win above replacement value. But he's got 5 more RBI in 124 fewer at bats.

Baseball is an interesting game, is all I'm saying.

Only had 95 last year in 602 at bats in the same spot in the lineup.

He's a worse player this year, .763 OPS vs .787 OPS last year, and his ISO is horseshit at .182, and he's just 1 win above replacement value. But he's got 5 more RBI in 124 fewer at bats.

Baseball is an interesting game, is all I'm saying.

He's a 36 year old 1 WAR player and the Angels still have to pay him $140 million over the next 6 years. That's almost exactly what Mike Trouts entire contract is.

And Escobar wasn't with the Angels last year. I think he was on the Nationals.

Yeah, he was mostly backed by Freese (.743 OPS) Cron (.739 OPS), Joyce (lol, .564 OPS) and Aybar (.639 OPS).

Escobar's OPS is .769. Better, but not loads better.

RBIs are a bit of a fluke, and Pujols is a worse player than he was a year ago. That was the point.

I wasn't saying "OMG PUJOLS IS AMAZING" or anything.

The guy manages to produce even when he's slumping. Got a sac fly across. I will give him that.

If he gets his share of walks I prefer him near the top of the lineup as opposed to further back.

As for the Jays, this is such a strange beast of a team. The potential is there and they are in first place but just so frustrating to watch most of the time.
Still prefer Travis hitting leadoff though, then Jose, Donaldson batting 3rd and Edwin cleaning up. Best pure hitter is still the Donaldson. Maybe Russell hitting 5th when he's hot then 2lo.

Yeah, he was mostly backed by Freese (.743 OPS) Cron (.739 OPS), Joyce (lol, .564 OPS) and Aybar (.639 OPS).

Escobar's OPS is .769. Better, but not loads better.

RBIs are a bit of a fluke, and Pujols is a worse player than he was a year ago. That was the point.

I wasn't saying "OMG PUJOLS IS AMAZING" or anything.

lol queso. I was only throwing Angels a small bone because they were fucked from the start because of pitching

Demote Thole. It makes sense down the stretch. We can't waste a bat in the lineup. Navarro will get paired with Estrada again.

SRTtoZ

A hit with the bases loaded? I don't think ive seen the Yankees do that all year.

Sanchez is still a beast and it's a Papa Johns night tomorrow.

Jesus god, PLEASE let Gary Sanchez be truly legit.

I don't want this to be Shane Spencer again. This kid just seems unholy at the goddamn plate right now.

Top Bottom