• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

As much as I should be rooting against the sox in this, fuck Ventura and the royals

Now, now friend...

IPo6pZ4.jpg

Hell yeah, Mondesi!

No matter what happens, we'll always have this inning. I mean, DAMN.

8 runs. I can't remember the last time I saw an 8 run inning that didn't involve a single home run.

Era's of the Orioles starters against the Blue Jays series, one of the most important of the season.

Fuck this teeeeeeam.

The Jay's just need to win one of three at this point. Bad news for you is that the bats are waking up at just the right time..

Also, is it just me or is this season really boring outside of the AL East in terms of standings?

this rookie Brock had a pretty good outing for the Dodgers. Strikeout city bitch.

What are the odds that Jason Heyward is basically BJ Upton from here on out? That might become the worst contract of all time.

i don't see that comparison at all. upton's problem was always that he stuck out a ton (close to 27%), heyward doesn't strike out at all (18.3% for his career, 16.8% this year). also, upton only ever had positional value defensively. he was always just okay in center. heyward is an other-worldly defender. he's actually at 1.3 fWar this season.

he's been legitimately awful at the plate this season (although he does have a .268 babip) and it's frustrating watching him constantly ground out to second, but i'm still confident he returns to his .750-.800 ops self eventually.

Has he even pitched a game or is he still on the DL?

This is what you get for trading with Oakland.

Considering Toronto's MVP 3B, the Cubs' star shortstop and the guy smoking cigars in New York, I'm not certain trading with Oakland is such a bad thing given the recent track record.

All that matters is what happens in the playoffs. If rich hill gets hot for a few starts and Reddick has a couple big hits no one will remember what happened in August.

Given events of recent years, wouldn't be surprising.

Oh, and Rich Hill looked great in his first LA start btw.

Joe

Is there an easy way to see the MLB standings since certain dates? I can't find any site with custom MLB standings.

Can I petition to add the Royals to the Evil Alliance with BFIB and the Stanks?

Hell, I can't even hate the Baby Bombers, just switch out the Stanks with the Fighting Mantes

BFIB

Can I petition to add the Royals to the Evil Alliance with BFIB and the Stanks?

Hell, I can't even hate the Baby Bombers, just switch out the Stanks with the Fighting Mantes

Welcome friend. Gonna need all the help I can get in Sept. to avoid that avatar bet w/ chicagocubsfan.

Choomp

Banned
Listen, Kelly Johnson is a great situational hitter and role player but if you're genuinely trying to make a run right now you can't bat that guy fourth and expect to do anything

Chase17

Mookie and Ortiz keep going back in forth to see who leads team in HRs.

Also I missed the game last night, but apparently we gave up 8 runs in a single inning. Yikes, Royals must have been on point.

Pakkidis

He only exists to catch Dickey. Not only that, but he is a black hole on offensive production, and even more so, is seemingly unable to control the one thing he was brought in for.

Right, but when you only bat once or twice a week, is it fair to compare him to somebody who bats almost everyday?

Choomp

Banned
Mets struck the jackpot with the kidcaster this year. Kid was 8 and really knew what he was doing. Will admit I miss the "sandwich" guy whenever they bring a kid in

Top Bottom