• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Malo

Banned
Katie Sharp

Masahiro Tanaka finishes August with 38 K and 1 BB. That's the most K with 1 or fewer BB in any month by Yankee in last 100 yrs.

Tanaka is pretty good

the tommy john argument for tanaka still hasn't been settled. there's still a solid chance he will need it at some point, and then yankees fans will regret that he didn't get it done in a season where they weren't going anywhere anyways.

Malo

Banned
the tommy john argument for tanaka still hasn't been settled. there's still a solid chance he will need it at some point, and then yankees fans will regret that he didn't get it done in a season where they weren't going anywhere anyways.
The doctors advised against tjs and suggested rehab, which he did. Was he and the Yankees supposed to go against their recommendation?

The doctors advised against tjs and suggested rehab, which he did. Was he and the Yankees supposed to go against their recommendation?

i'm not saying he should have, i'm just saying that the "and people said he should have had TJS!" stuff will look silly if he ends up needing it during a season where the yankees are actually good. if the yankees had known they would be bad this year, they'd probably have preferred to just get it out the way.

speaking of pitchers, wtf are the mariners doing to diaz? i understand that they're desperate for wins, but god damn.

Malo

Banned
i'm not saying he should have, i'm just saying that the "and people said he should have had TJS!" stuff will look silly if he ends up needing it during a season where the yankees are actually good. if the yankees had known they would be bad this year, they'd probably have preferred to just get it out the way.

speaking of pitchers, wtf are the mariners doing to diaz? i understand that they're desperate for wins, but god damn.
Possibly, but by the time we're legit contenders, he might not be on the team. He has an opt out after next, which he will exercise if healthy.

And exhale. Yankees win!

3N16MA

Banned
The best wins happen after midnight.

Possibly, but by the time we're legit contenders, he might not be on the team. He has an opt out after next, which he will exercise if healthy.

And exhale. Yankees win!

Yanks are grabbing at least a WC spot. They're legit contenders.

Believe.

Rangers just ridiculously lucky this year. That rotation is gonna get exposed in the playoffs though.

this is the most aggravating part of baseball. the cubs have a +221 differential, but ultimately they only have a marginally better chance of winning the world series than the +9 rangers, all because of the fluky nature of the game.

cashman

Banned
Rangers just ridiculously lucky this year. That rotation is gonna get exposed in the playoffs though.

They have Darvish and Hamels and can easily luck their way through the 3 and 4 spots. Especially if Holland continues to have improved his command after coming back from injury and Lewis can be as effective as he was pre injury. Noboby really gets exposed in the playoffs anyways, it's just a crapshoot.

Will be a bummer after Diaz and Chapman both have their arms explode later this season.

God help Diaz if the Mariners make the playoffs. He'll be pitching every inning until he falls over dead.

BigAT

this is the most aggravating part of baseball. the cubs have a +221 differential, but ultimately they only have a marginally better chance of winning the world series than the +9 rangers, all because of the fluky nature of the game.

Baseball isn't fluky. The Cubs collapsing in an embarrassing fashion every season proves that if anything it is incredibly consistent.

Ahahahahaha Jays twitter thinking and then freaking out that RYAN GOINS was going to be traded for Votto/Puig.

Our fan base loves offensively anemic infielders like no other.

Yoenis knows how to flip a bat in such a beautiful way that ain't no one mad about it this morning.

That flip was elegance. As opposed to that bat flip of unadulterated barbarism that the player formerly know as joey bats spat in the face of all viewers.

Listening to St. Louis Radio every morning, I think we can give you a run for your money.

At least your fanbase knows the game, generally, being the number one sport there by a long shot.

The only reason half of the people are cheering for the Jays is because it's the NHL offseason. And they don't know jackshit.

BFIB

Yoenis knows how to flip a bat in such a beautiful way that ain't no one mad about it this morning.

That flip was elegance. As opposed to that bat flip of unadulterated barbarism that the player formerly know as joey bats spat in the face of all viewers.

Bat flips are so disrespectful to the game. You make contact, gingerly drop the bat by the batters box while you use every last ounce to get to 1B as fast as possible, which also ensures the player coming in to score, or the bat boy can retrieve the bat as fast as possible. The said player who hit the roundball needs to continue to run the bases as fast as possible, not trot, and cross home plate looking forward with no emotion as they had back to the dugout to retrieve a solid coaching from their manager on what they did wrong rounding the bases to ensure the integrity of the game.

Then reward the player with a hot dog and mustard to replenish their strength.

JoseDFrog

Banned
Bat flips are so disrespectful to the game. You make contact, gingerly drop the bat by the batters box while you use every last ounce to get to 1B as fast as possible, which also ensures the player coming in to score, or the bat boy can retrieve the bat as fast as possible. The said player who hit the roundball needs to continue to run the bases as fast as possible, not trot, and cross home plate looking forward with no emotion as they had back to the dugout to retrieve a solid coaching from their manager on what they did wrong rounding the bases to ensure the integrity of the game.

Then reward the player with a hot dog and mustard to replenish their strength.

*yawn* baseball is boring. Let's watch football instead.
of the American variety of course, not that other one where a bunch of people run around aimlessly for 90 minutes and nothing happens

Choomp

Banned
*yawn* baseball is boring. Let's watch football instead.
of the American variety of course, not that other one where a bunch of people run around aimlessly for 90 minutes and nothing happens

Yusss good man

Can we just take a second to think where the Mets would be if they actually beat up on the DBacks and Padres at this point? If they had done that I might actually be a believer right now

Chris R

Will be a bummer after Diaz and Chapman both have their arms explode later this season.

God help Diaz if the Mariners make the playoffs. He'll be pitching every inning until he falls over dead.

Don't worry about it. It isn't happening.

Team is shit and has given up at this point.

Chris R

Can the Mariners just forfeit every game from this point on so I don't have to deal with their bullshit until April next year?

Well, it looks like that's it for the Mariners AL West chances. I hope they rally and get a wild card spot.

Not going to happen, have fun playing the Astros.

Top Bottom