• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

RBH

w640xh480_tebow.jpg

Tim Tebow's performance in front of scouts earlier this week appears to have generated some genuine intrigue from at least two major-league clubs.

The Atlanta Braves and Colorado Rockies are among the two organizations that have the most interest in signing the former NFL quarterback, according to Pedro Gomez of ESPN, who adds the Braves are looking into signing Tebow to a minor-league contract.

Tebow held a showcase in front of representatives from 28 teams on Tuesday in Los Angeles and received mixed reviews. The 29-year-old was graded highly for his power and speed though his performance defensively and questions surrounding his ability to hit professional pitching left teams like the Boston Red Sox uninterested in taking a chance on the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner.

"I don't want to say anything negative because other teams are looking at him, but I don't think we'll be rushing out to make a signing," Red Sox president Dave Dombrowski told NESN on Tuesday.

Tebow hasn't played baseball since high school after he decided to quit the sport in order to pursue a career in football. He said that the choice was one of the most difficult decisions he's ever made, and that he's fully committed to trying to reach the majors.

''It's not about publicity,'' Tebow said following his workout. ''It's definitely not about money. It's a pay cut to do this. Just pursue what you love, right? Regardless of what else happens. Regardless of if you fail, or if you fall on your face. If that's the worst thing that can happen, that's OK. When did that become such a bad thing? When did pursuing what you love become a bad thing, regardless of the result?"
http://www.thescore.com/news/1070537

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
sounds like the Rockies and Braves are looking at him mainly for selling minor league tickets.
I was really happy to see Rome turn things around after the rough first half. And even better, Acuna got back on the field and has been crushing it.
both teams have a chance at the title imo. Rome's rotation is unfair and Mississippi top of the order would be great for the mlb team.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Dear Rangers,

Please call off whatever voodoo magic you have on the Astros. I'd like to see them win today.

Thank you.

Jays gonna be swept by garbage.

Not really. 24-21 since the ASB, and most of their current record was due to the fact from late June to early July, they played pretty much all playoff bound or above .500 teams, and came out losers of 26 of 30.

Helps also they are 25-30 in the AL East right now, and that their talent levels aren't the same level as say, a Braves or Twins.

Honestly? I don't see why you guys are freaking out over this. Besides, the Jays have a .500 record or above (more and likely above) on every AL East team that isn't the Rays, so I know I would much rather have one team playing like hell against us then be crap against everyone in the division except one.

Lexxism

Honestly? I don't see why you guys are freaking out over this. Besides, the Jays have a .500 record or above (more and likely above) on every AL East team that isn't the Rays, so I know I would much rather have one team playing like hell against us then be crap against everyone in the division except one.
c4jt321.png

Not really. 24-21 since the ASB, and most of their current record was due to the fact from late June to early July, they played pretty much all playoff bound or above .500 teams, and came out losers of 26 of 30.

Helps also they are 25-30 in the AL East right now, and that their talent levels aren't the same level as say, a Braves or Twins.

I'm just pointing out the fact that they're gonna get swept by the Rays.

In not writing the season off.

I'm just pointing out the fact that they're gonna get swept by the Rays.

In not writing the season off.

And? Good teams get swept all the time by crappy teams, or supposedly crappy teams. It's baseball.

For the most part, we are still in the thick of the division race. That's all that matters to me at this point.

And? Good teams get swept all the time by crappy teams, or supposedly crappy teams. It's baseball.

For the most part, we are still in the thick of the division race. That's all that matters to me at this point.

Yes I understand that. It just pisses me off that this team always losses in this dump.

Good news is that they don't have to play here again this year.

Yes I understand that. It just pisses me off that this team always losses in this dump.

Good news is that they don't have to play here again this year.

I mean, sometimes teams have your number. The Cubs were like this for the longest time against the Cards, even when they sucked.

Still, I'm not fretting. If this series was deciding the division, I would. But it's early September.

Line_HTX

The only thing that would make this season a good and satisfactory season is if the Rangers fucking choke in the postseason.

Choomp

Banned
The only thing that would make this season a good and satisfactory season is if the Rangers fucking choke in the postseason.

I've come to realize that I'm relying on too many teams to choke this postseason. Guess I have to add Texas to my good list.

Top Bottom