• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
You guys are pretty solid for next year if you can get some pitching.

If we keep Julio, I'm hoping Folty, Wisler, Blair, Newcomb, et al can help form some kind of quality rotation.

Wouldn't hurt to get a mid-level starter just to help provide stability and innings. Had way too many incidents this season of not knowing who was going to start the next game until like 12 hours before.

Folty I think just needs more innings. Wisler too. They can both settle in as 3's if the command stabilizes. Blair who knows, but he's got weird mechanical things going on.

If we keep Julio, I'm hoping Folty, Wisler, Blair, Newcomb, et al can help form some kind of quality rotation.

Wouldn't hurt to get a mid-level starter just to help provide stability and innings. Had way too many incidents this season of not knowing who was going to start the next game until like 12 hours before.

Folty I think just needs more innings. Wisler too. They can both settle in as 3's if the command stabilizes. Blair who knows, but he's got weird mechanical things going on.

Ultimately, I think that is what the Braves should focus on this winter. They seem to have an extremely rocky and not stable rotation, and if they have an anchor in the middle, or hell even a workhorse ala Buerhle that can give them some stability, they certainly will take massive steps into being better.

Three straight strikes called as balls... Literally giving the game to the Indians. This should be over.

Seriously Fuck Joe West. I thought that bullshit check swing call by the up on Friday night was bad, but that "walk" was on a whole other level.

CygnusXS

Ultimately, I think that is what the Braves should focus on this winter. They seem to have an extremely rocky and not stable rotation, and if they have an anchor in the middle, or hell even a workhorse ala Buerhle that can give them some stability, they certainly will take massive steps into being better.

Right now the internal list of guys who could potentially fill rotation spots next season is:

Teheran
Folty
Wisler
Blair
John Gant
Williams Perez
Tyrell Jenkins
Chris Ellis
Sean Newcomb
Max Povse
Patrick Weigel
Lucas Sims
Rob Whalen

And maybe Jed Bradley.

That's actually a lot of good pitchers, and Williams Perez. But they're also all young, have control issues, and some of them have poor health records. I'll take a, you know, J.A. Happ type or whatever.

Oh how I hate nationally televised games, if only i could sync the radio to the video. (I tried before and with blackout on apps and u cant pause radio there is no way to do it when the radio beats the video feed.)

Right now the internal list of guys who could potentially fill rotation spots next season is:

Teheran
Folty
Wisler
Blair
John Gant
Williams Perez
Tyrell Jenkins
Chris Ellis
Sean Newcomb
Max Povse
Patrick Weigel
Lucas Sims
Rob Whalen

And maybe Jed Bradley.

That's actually a lot of good pitchers, and Williams Perez. But they're also all young, have control issues, and some of them have poor health records. I'll take a, you know, J.A. Happ type or whatever.

ask Atkins, he will probably sell you one of our middle arm guns

CygnusXS

Just to entertain myself:
Teheran Former top pitching prospect in baseball
Folty Former Top 100 prospect
Wisler Former Top 100
Blair Former Top 100
John Gant #4/5 type starter
Williams Perez #5 starter
Tyrell Jenkins Former Top 100
Chris Ellis #4/5 type
Sean Newcomb Top 100
Max Povse #4/5 type
Patrick Weigel Probable future Top 100
Lucas Sims Former Top 100
Rob Whalen #5 starter

And maybe Jed Bradley. Former 1st round pick

And in the lower minors:

Kolby Allard Top 100
Mike Soroka Probable Top 100
Max Fried Former and likely future Top 100
Touki Toussaint Former and likely future Top 100
Ricardo Sanchez Former top international signing, maybe a future Top 100
Ian Anderson Top 100
Joey Wentz Likely future Top 100
Kyle Muller Maybe future Top 100
Bryse Wilson #3/4 potential
Drew Harrington #4/5 potential
Juan Contreras Big bonus Intl signing
Yefri Del Rosario Top intl signing

You have to get 4-5 good pitchers out of this.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Too bad about Fridays loss. Would have been this month more interesting in the East. Good win.

Great win by the Mets they needed that, now get some rest for tomorrow. Ces and Cabrera should have the day off, put in De Aza and Conforto, Flores to first, Travis catching etc.

Great win by the Mets they needed that, now get some rest for tomorrow. Ces and Cabrera should have the day off, put in De Aza and Conforto, Flores to first, Travis catching etc.

it's september and they're desperate for wins from here on out. their best players should be playing every day

it's september and they're desperate for wins from here on out. their best players should be playing every day
Ces and Cabrera are banged up and they need frequent rest a day game after a night game is a perfect time to give them a day. Plus everyone is starting to get hot so it wont be as big of a hit (hopefully). They could always replace the starters mid game, like a half day off.

Choomp

Banned

I actually gotta agree here. Tomorrow is such a quick turnaround and I'm pretty confident in Bartolo being able to navigate the Reds

I had a bad dream that Eduardo Rodriguez took a no-hit bid 7.2 innings and then lost it because Hanley Ramirez isn't a first baseman and Bob Melvin is an asshole.

And then suddenly Craig Kimbrel blew it and the Red Sox lost to the Oakland As.

Nightmare

BigAT

I had a bad dream that Eduardo Rodriguez took a no-hit bid 7.2 innings and then lost it because Hanley Ramirez isn't a first baseman and Bob Melvin is an asshole.

And then suddenly Craig Kimbrel blew it and the Red Sox lost to the Oakland As.

Nightmare

Yes, that was all devastating.

the-grinch-grin.gif

Hoping the Astros can beat up on the Indians. I feel good about it. Gotta stay at least .500 on this road trip.

It'll be a good series that's for sure. Both teams coming off big wins. You guys finally beating the Rangers and we scored 3 in the bottom of the 9th with two outs to Sweep the Marlins.

Detroit keeps creeping so we need this series just as much.

Hope it's a good one!

Velcro Fly

Braun getting booed at Miller Park by all the Cubs fans.

I have today off work I should have tried to get a ticket and drove up for the game :(

Somewhat tangentially related to baseball, but for those into motorsport like me, apparently Liberty Media, AKA the owner of the Braves, is looking like the frontrunner to buy Formula 1.

Top Bottom