• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Someone tell the Pirates they are in pennant race because they are playing like they are in last place. That inning was awful, well the entire game has been awful.

billeh

Pirates are shitting their pants against the Cardinals .. But it also hurts the Mets. I'm conflicted.

What's the number for them to get eliminated in the playoffs?
Whatever helps keep your hope alive, just know, it doesn't matter.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
people need to stop standing at attention and removing their caps for god bless america. It's not the national anthem people!

we should stop playing it all together.

To give Lambtron some hope.

Buxton was allowed to bring back his leg kick and, surprise surprise.

He's good again.

Of fucking course. The one team I am scared of in the NL and we have a good shot of playing them in the NLDS.

LOL we have one healthy pitcher. And it's Bart.

Y'all will skull fuck us.

The Sox have a 1 game lead in the WC, the offense is shot, the manager is dumb as shit, and they have less momentum than either the O's, Tigers, and Yanks.

Forget not winning the division, not making the playoffs is a very real possibility right now

Pryce

hey Greinke, ya could have retired in the hall of fame as a dodger and lived in LA all your life.

but nope. good call I think.

Caja 117

Baseball is so different that the other majors sports, I dont think any other sports a player like Greinke with his carrer will just have a year like this one and suck like this. I mean 5 homers allowed?

Of fucking course. The one team I am scared of in the NL and we have a good shot of playing them in the NLDS.

the only reason to ever maybe feel that way was the rotation, which is now broken . now i'd rather play the mets than the dodgers/cardinals/giants, for sure.

too bad the pirates have imploded, they were my #1 choice to play against in the nlds

hey Greinke, ya could have retired in the hall of fame as a dodger and lived in LA all your life.

but nope. good call I think.

He's a pitcher, he ABSOLUTELY made the right decision to get as much money as possible.

This is their job. Get the money, worry about the legacy when you're 60.

bebop242

the only reason to ever maybe feel that way was the rotation, which is now broken . now i'd rather play the mets than the dodgers/cardinals/giants, for sure.

too bad the pirates have imploded, they were my #1 choice to play against in the nlds

And no Daniel Murphy which makes me concerned for Washington but I learned in 2003 not to root for any particular team to play against. The fact is the Cubs will be up against the hottest team and they better be prepared.

He's a pitcher, he ABSOLUTELY made the right decision to get as much money as possible.

This is their job. Get the money, worry about the legacy when you're 60.
Yup. If a team offers you a $206 million dollar contract during the final years of your career, you take it. Can't leave money like that on the table.

And no Daniel Murphy which makes me concerned for Washington but I learned in 2003 not to root for any particular team to play against. The fact is the Cubs will be up against the hottest team and they better be prepared.

it's ultimately still random, but i think shutdown starting pitching is the best way to try and beat the crapshoot. the dodgers and giants rotations are looking pretty great for a short series (assuming kershaw is back). but yeah, matchups are mostly just a fun thing to talk about and don't really predict anything.

Chuck

Still without luck
Is it bad that I want Ubaldo to stop doing well with the O's? I feel like when he gets lucky like tonight against the shit Rays, the team starts to think he is worth any shits at all, and he'll get the ball in an important playoff game and get back to regular garbage trash man ubaldo.

I want to see that era rise to 8+ so they just cut him before next year.

RBH

090516-MLB-Tim-Tebow-1-LF-PI.jpg

Atlanta Braves general manager John Coppolella confirmed the team's interest in Tim Tebow and said the Braves have had "multiple" conversations with Tebow's representatives as a step toward signing him to a professional baseball contract.

Coppolella called a potential Tebow signing a "low-risk'' investment, and said the Braves' interest is rooted in Tebow's promise on the field rather than his ability to sell tickets.
Tebow is well-known among fans in Southeastern Conference country from his tenure as a Heisman Trophy winner and two-time national championship quarterback under Urban Meyer with Florida.

"We are interested in Tim because of his potential as a baseball player, not as a gate attraction,'' Coppolella said during the Braves' series with the Philadelphia Phillies on Sunday. "We have spoken with his representatives multiple times and all parties involved want this to be a pure baseball thing on every level."

Tebow, 29, worked out for 46 scouts representing 28 teams last week in Los Angeles. Among those in attendance were Braves special assistant Roy Clark and amateur scouting director Brian Bridges.

The Braves' interest in Tebow was first reported by ESPN's Pedro Gomez and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Tebow, who hasn't played organized baseball since his junior year at Nease High School in Ponte Vedra, Florida, in 2005, has been working out with former big league catcher Chad Moeller in Scottsdale, Arizona, since Memorial Day. Tebow spent almost two hours last week at the USC's Dedeaux Field running a 60-yard dash, shagging fly balls, throwing from the outfield and taking swings against former major league pitchers David Aardsma and Chad Smith in his audition for clubs.

Brodie Van Wagenen, Tebow's baseball agent at CAA, told reporters that several clubs stayed after the workout to meet face-to-face with Tebow. The Colorado Rockies are reportedly another team with interest in the former quarterback.

Tebow's representatives would like him to sign a contract in time to attend the instructional league and possibly play in the Arizona Fall League this offseason before he joins a minor league affiliate next spring. Tebow also wouldn't rule out the possibility of playing winter ball this offseason to get at-bats.

If the Braves can agree to terms with Tebow, it will rekindle an organizational tradition of signing high-upside, multisport athletes that began under former general manager John Schuerholz in the 1990s. Schuerholz, who is now the Braves' vice chairman, signed Deion Sanders as a free agent in 1991 and brought Brian Jordan to Atlanta through free agency in 1998. Sanders is a Pro Football Hall of Famer and Jordan spent three years in the NFL as a safety with the Atlanta Falcons.

During Schuerholz's previous tenure as general manager in Kansas City, the Royals chose Bo Jackson of Auburn in the fourth round of the draft. Jackson made the 1989 American League All-Star team as an outfielder with the Royals and was a Pro Bowl running back with the Oakland Raiders in 1990.
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17472058/atlanta-braves-confirm-interest-former-qb-tim-tebow

I'm more looking forward to GM Greinke at this point.

But yeah, dude got paid. No reason to be bitter Dodger fans about it. He might not get to the HOF, but with that much cake in the bank and his despising of everything media and talking to the public I think he's more than fine with that trade.

Dad of the year.

ZVmwXQv.png

He seems to really care for his daughters from the few stories I've read, so good for him. Should be able to devote tons of time to raising them right.

Twins Considering Alex Anthopoulos For President Of Baseball Operations

Alex Anthopoulos is a “confirmed candidate” to take over the Twins’ soon-to-be-created position of president of baseball operations, Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports on Twitter. He becomes the first potential front office candidate clearly linked to the organization.

cashman

Banned
Catching up on some E# eliminations over the weekend:

Minnesota officially can't win the AL Central anymore
Braves can't win the NL East

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I've been reluctant to bring this up, because I didn't want to bum out Mariners fans, but since BA has mentioned it:

4. Mariners Win Everything

Seattle’s system ranked 28th in our organizational talent rankings entering the year, but that hasn’t stopped its system from dominating the minor league standings.

All of its minor league clubs, from the Dominican Summer League to Triple-A Tacoma, made their league’s playoffs. Combined, their six minor league affiliates went 451-304, good for a winning percentage of .597, or an improvement of 162 percentage points from last year, when their clubs had the second-worst winning percentage in the sport.

Their system as a whole might not fare much better in this year’s organizational talent rankings, but they have a clear Top 100 prospect for next year in Tyler O’Neill and turned out a shutdown reliever in Edwin Diaz.

They also snagged one of the draft’s top talents in Mercer’s Kyle Lewis, the College Player of the Year, who was tearing up the short-season Northwest League before a grisly knee injury ending his season.

With all of their minor league clubs playing in October, it’s a little easier for fans in Seattle to think the big club might soon follow suit.

Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/mino...torylines-2016-four-2017/#5OFfq1c1VHL49YjA.99

Their farm hasn't really improved that much despite the winning records. You can build a winning minor league squad with just journeyman types.

Top Bottom