• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Mortemis

Banned
Damn frozen and silver got got. If they're taking bans to get their team in the playoffs I'll take one for Ms gaf.
I know why they got banned

3N16MA

Banned
getting on base is the most important thing a player can do average is essentially useless and slugging also means little .

i also wouldnt really consider 2008 for gardner since he wasnt a full time player yet.

his 2009-2011 triple slash is .268/.360/.375. 360 on base from a very good defensive outfielder that stole 40 bases a season? yes please.

That is a ridiculous way of looking at it. You're basically narrowing the numbers to arrive at the outcome you want. I put up their slash lines in order to broaden the comparison beyond OBP. I also posted their wOBA and wRC+ which is more important than simply looking at OBP. We're also looking at their bat and not their baserunning which is why I left it out.

I'm a huge Gardy fan but I'm not going to act like he had a consistent bat during his first few seasons. He improved and became a more consistent hitter as he developed. Inciarte has similarities to Gardner but not the same.

The original point that I made is that I would move an aging and declining C who is owed 34M over the next two seasons for a much younger cost controlled OF who is great on defense. Yanks would have to eat some of that salary but the move (if it happend) fits with this team. McCann is not going to catch enough games to trigger is option. He is in his final years and the Yanks would have to be stupid to pass on a deal for Inciarte (Braves would have to be stupid to make that trade).

He is 2nd in DRS among OF since 2014.

Choomp

Banned
Yankos are on a roll. Would be interesting if they make a playoff run, teams that get hot around this time of year can be dangerous

Choomp

Banned
why Jim Henderson when we're down by two? Has Terry not realized his stuff has significantly decreased in quality since he was injured

Joe

If the Yankees can at least split this series against the Rays and manage to win the series against the Dodgers then then 4 games against the Red Sox in Boston are going to be insane.

Choomp

Banned
SNY just shat itself at my dorm room. Hopefully the Mets put something together

Edit: Literally as soon as I can no longer watch they tie it fml not knowing exactly what is happening is killing me

Top Bottom