• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

The Giants had one of the best records in the league before Corran's ketchup-tainted thread title appeared. And they've tumbled ever since. You can't deny truthfacts.

That's because ketchup was cleansing your darkened souls. What ,you thought you didn't have some divine help to win all those World Series?

So the Giants blew their 7th save in the last 11 chances. Sounds about right, it feels like they have a 36% chance to win when they have the lead in the ninth.

Casilla alone has 9 blown saves, and it feels like they have a 0% chance to win when he comes in with the lead in the ninth. Mind boggling decision to put him out there again.

RBH

BBwhGt4.img

Braves OF Ender Inciarte has now hit safely in 50 of his last 54 games, batting .360 over that span.
https://twitter.com/KevinMcAlpin/status/777207941036408832?lang=en

#Braves Inciarte leads majors w/ 87 hits since All-Star break, 19 from Terry Pendleton's ATL record for hits after break, set in '91 MVP season.
https://twitter.com/DOBrienAJC/status/777269148510523392

Thank you Dave Stewart!

I can only imagine Bochy's thought process for putting in Casilla.

"I don't know why I put Casilla in in the ninth, as he's completely unreliable and blows saves. I guess I just somehow delude myself into thinking it might work...but it might work THIS time."

A bit late but the Dude is in the lineup!!! Also Conforto comes through?!

I could really do without this.

Minus Cespedes (and he was given the option of taking the day off) being in there one would have thought the Mets clinched a postseason spot last night with the looks of that lineup.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I could really do without this.

Minus Cespedes (and he was given the option of taking the day off) being in there one would have thought the Mets clinched a postseason spot last night with the looks of that lineup.

Mets have banged up players.

Besides, it's the Twins.

Mets have banged up players.

Besides, it's the Twins.

Well yeah that much is known but they are also still in a very tight race, every game counts. Playing Duda in this situation given that he has not been in a game since May at any level is silly.

Ask the Tigers about the Twins.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Well yeah that much is known but they are also still in a very tight race, every game counts. Playing Duda in this situation given that he has not been in a game since May at any level is silly.

Ask the Tigers about the Twins.

Not silly. They need to get him going. He could be a good bat to have down the stretch.

And considering the Mets have won the first two games and are winning this game, I'm not sure what I would ask the Tigers.

Not silly. They need to get him going. He could be a good bat to have down the stretch.

And considering the Mets have won the first two games and are winning this game, I'm not sure what I would ask the Tigers.

Wow, they need to get him going? There are 13 games left after today. Duda will be a non-factor and I would suspect he'll barely play outside of being a bat off the bench.

Ask the Tigers meaning you act like just because they're the "Twins" they cannot beat anyone (they just took 2 of 3 from the Tigers).

I don't believe in the "house money" factor or giveaway game lineups when you are just 2 games up and deep in a playoff race.

I'm not sure why Reyes, Cabrera, and Granderson have to all sit on the same day especially Granderson after his last 2 ABs. Reyes, OK, he's been pretty bad from the left side and maybe a little banged up and Cabrera's knee isn't getting any better so rest is needed.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
How do you expect him to be a bat off the bench if he doesn't get starts and tries to find his stroke again?

I know they (or any bad team) can win, but they haven't and arent against the Mets.

Resting the players against the worst team in the league so they can gear up for the final run is the best move.

Travis DarNo strikes again ! Any poster here could get more RBIs with the amount of chances he has had. Horrid, hopefully he doesnt start tomorrow

How do you expect him to be a bat off the bench if he doesn't get starts and tries to find his stroke again?

Being a bat off the bench is a tough gig but being in a tight playoff race with better current options both defensively and offensively outweighs trying to get a so-so player ABs in an effort to "get him going."

Now is not the time for that but rather "put your best foot forward" is.

13 games, 2 game lead (at minimum we hope this is the outlook after today). It's not exactly spring training.

Top Bottom