• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

That's that. It's over now.

Obama on the right side of the condiment war. See this Corran? Even the POTUS agrees with me.

Obama is from Chicago, and their idea of pizza is to make a cake full of cheese and not as much sauce. Good president though.

Fernandez death hurts so much not just from the personal to his family and friends and teammates. But it hurts baseball so much. Here was a young terrifically talented player who was such a joy to watch play but who also had so much fun doing it! Laughed in the face of the "unwritten rules" and just went and had genuine fun going out there every day.
A player that baseball needs more of. Terrible loss, this one really hurts.

KingBroly

Banned
Obama is from Chicago, and their idea of pizza is to make a cake full of cheese and not as much sauce. Good president though.

Fernandez death hurts so much not just from the personal to his family and friends and teammates. But it hurts baseball so much. Here was a young terrifically talented player who was such a joy to watch play but who also had so much fun doing it! Laughed in the face of the "unwritten rules" and just went and had genuine fun going out there every day.
A player that baseball needs more of. Terrible loss, this one really hurts.

Didn't Obama say Cubs fans aren't real baseball fans a few years back or something? I know he also insulted the Nationals at one point. Just because he's President doesn't mean he's right on everything. He's wrong on condiments. #Truthfact

I still can't believe I'll never get to watch Jose smile in the dugout or celebrate a big inning on the mound.

I can't even imagine what his mom, grandmother, and girlfriend are going through. I hope they find some comfort in knowing just how beloved Jose was.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Home for three vs. Mariners, and finish with three at the Angels.

Baltimore and Detroit are not helping.

If the Astros didn't shit the bed the two previous games, they would be fine.

The first game I give the Angels, games two and three should have been won. But then again, this is baseball, and it is a fickle bitch.

Chris R

Home for three vs. Mariners, and finish with three at the Angels.

Baltimore and Detroit are not helping.

Should be 5 wins easy.

Toronto needs to sweet Baltimore though, and if Cleveland could act like they are interested in playing baseball that would be nice.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
CtTFHesWYAAiogj.jpg

Maitan!

Aside from the universal retiring of Jackie Robinson's #42, Fernandez's #16 will be the first retired number in Marlins history.

Technically the second, they retired number 5 from 1993 to 2011 in honor of the first owner of the marlins Carl Barger who died before the start of the first season.

I would expect this to be a permanent retirement.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I was just talking to my wife about Fernandez last week... talking about how it is going to be so great watching him pitchthroughout his career. Really sad stuff...

3N16MA

Banned
Through 76 starts:

Fernandez: 38-17, 2.58 ERA, 2.43 FIP, 11.20 K/9, 2.70 BB/9, 0.60 HR/9

Gooden: 45-15, 2.00 ERA, 2.00 FIP, 9.52 K/9, 2.45 BB/9, 0.38 HR/9

The fact that Fernandez was even that close is amazing considering Gooden had one of the best starts to a career for a SP.

Top Bottom