• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

BFIB

Ever since I got this avatar I've:
-sprained my ankle
-broke my favorite beer stein
-cracked my iPad screen
-kid broke up me going for home twice with the wife

Gonna be a long winter.

It's really weird how much Fernandez's death is affecting me. Normally when a sports star or a celebrity dies, it's not that I don't care but I just have my sympathies and send love to the friends and families but damn... this is just killing me.

Maybe because he is so close in age to me? I am just a year younger than he.

but damn this is just so fucking sad

BFIB

It's really weird how much Fernandez's death is affecting me. Normally when a sports star or a celebrity dies, it's not that I don't care but I just have my sympathies and send love to the friends and families but damn... this is just killing me.

Age has a lot to do with it. I had that with Taveras.

3N16MA

Banned

He was so young. Did not even touch his prime and was one of the best in the game.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

I was hit pretty hard by Taveras and Tommy Hanson, but, as Michael Baumann wrote, there's really a profound sense of loss with Fernandez that is unique to what he brought to the world.

Age has a lot to do with it. I had that with Taveras.

Yep totally agreed. It kinda brings me back down from that invincible feeling from youth when stuff like this happens. It creates a massive feeling of vulnerability.

He was so young. Did not even touch his prime and was one of the best in the game.

Dude would have most likely been in the HoF.

I was hit pretty hard by Taveras and Tommy Hanson, but, as Michael Baumann wrote, there's really a profound sense of loss with Fernandez that is unique to what he brought to the world.

That is a really great article. Thanks for sharing.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
One other thing, I hope the Marlins make sure that Jose's child is set up for life. I don't know anything about the financial situation of the family other than what Jose had made so far, but yeah hopefully the Marlins give his wife some kind of pension.

Choomp

Banned
A really nice moment for David Ross, too.

It's been quite the day for the game, but one things for sure, there's really nothing like baseball.

Mortemis

Banned

It's gotten me pretty bad too. The thought of it throughout the day makes me so depressed. I was just recently watching some highlights of his too. Dude was special and we all knew it. It's just too much to think of how big a talent and great guy we lost at such a young age.

Are the Cubs trying to blow this inning? Horrible all around, from telling the Cards that the ball didnt hit him to that awful baserunning. Or maybe its just the Cubs being the Cubs?

Top Bottom