• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

UND3RxOATH

Neo Member
Astros trying to make it interesting. Still think we deserve the spot given how crappy of a year it's been. Bullpen, starting pitching, rookies, and injuries. Just about everything.

leroidys

FUCK MARTE

edit: Well it was fun while it lasted.

Time to pick a bandwagon that isn't Rangers/Sox/Cards related

Yeah. I think I'm hopping on Dodgers for the postseason. Mariners had some interesting stretches this year where they looked like a competent, competitive team. Hope the management has a plan for the next season.

Stroman: "We play with a lot of passion. We play with a lot of heart. And we're not boring. Boring people have problems with that. But we're not concerned with them."

PdknugN.gif

please shut up stroman
Stroman is an idiot. Used to think he's smart but he's not a smart pitcher who understands his own limitations, he doesn't have the kind of stuff to dominate and need to pitch smart like Estrada but he doesn't. Pure small man complex.

That stupid fight cost them Benoit and possibly Travis, two key pieces to get them to and through the wildcard.

I think Gibby learned a lot last night!
Gibby learns nothing. No discipline in his team, doesn't play smart baseball and losing a key bullpen arm isn't going to change that.

If he'd told Happ to lay off this wouldn't have happened, save this shit for spring training or the beginning of the season if you want to drill someone.

If a pitcher drills one of your guys, the best revenge isn't to reciprocate, but to run the pitcher out of the game early.

KingBroly

Banned
NL WILD CARD RACE
Giants remaining:
2 v. Colorado
3 v. Dodgers

Cardinals remaining:
2 v. Cincinnati
3 v. Pittsburgh

NY Mets remaining:
1 @ Miami
3 @ Philadelphia

- The Mets are 1.5 games up on the 2nd WC, so 2 wins guarantees at least a Play-In spot
- The Cardinals right now look to have the inside track DESPITE being 1 back of SF for the final spot due to who the Giants play
- The Dodgers are still chasing Washington for HFA in the NLDS (2 back of the Nats), so it's likely they'll be playing to get that spot until they can't

AL WILD CARD RACE
Houston Astros remaining:
1 v. Seattle
3 @ Angels

Seattle Mariners remaining:
1 @ Houston
4 v. Oakland

Detroit Tigers remaining:
2 v. Cleveland
3 @ Atlanta

Baltimore Orioles remaining:
2 @ Toronto
3 @ NY Yankees

Toronto Blue Jays remaining:
2 v. Baltimore
3 @ Boston

- Let's start simple. Toronto is up on the 2nd WC by 2 games and has an extra game cushion on Detroit. 2 wins gets them in, 1 probably does as well, especially if it's against the O's
- The Orioles, despite holding that 2nd WC, have grim prospects of making it in right now. They're up by 1, and need every win they can get, especially since the Jays and Yankees have given them trouble all year.
- Detroit has 2 more with Cleveland whose fighting for home field but those hopes are slipping. Luckily or unluckily the Tigers finish the season at Atlanta who, despite their record are playing pretty well.
- Seattle/Houston today is a MUST WIN for Seattle. If Houston wins (despite having extremely slim hopes), it's likely that both teams will be eliminated since they'd both be 3 back with 3 to go. They also have 1 less game to play than Baltimore and Detroit.

IMO, we're looking at Cards @ Mets and Tigers @ Jays for the Wild Card games unless the O's find 3 wins.

neoemonk

It looks like it's still possible that Detroit, KC, Baltimore, Seattle, and Houston could finish the season with 85 wins and a five way tie for the second wild card spot.

It's obviously very unlikely, but it could happen.

Fuck it. Bought a ticket for the potential WC game in Toronto.

Look forward to watching them blow a lead in the 7th when Benoit would be in.

500 level too. God held me. Drunk Blue Jays fans to the left and right of me.

neoemonk

Seattle plays four against Oakland, not three. Series starts on Thursday.

Forgot about the Yankees too. They could actually be part of the 85 win fracas with games against Boston and Baltimore. Six way tie is still possible.

BFIB

What is the go to Canadian beer in those parts of the world?

Lexxism

Don't worry. He's out of the season. I guess someone will do that job for him. Biagini I guess.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Molson for douchebags.

I myself prefer the local Vancouver breweries like Granville Island or Steamworks but I don't get those for obvious reasons, not living there anymore.

If the Blue Jays win the World Series, I'll send you a bottle. You're in Manitoba now?

So does Japan straight up not care about killing guys' arms?

Because I shudder to see Otani get posted, sign the big money contract and soon have his arm crap out in two years time.

Beckx

So does Japan straight up not care about killing guys' arms?

Because I shudder to see Otani get posted, sign the big money contract and soon have his arm crap out in two years time.

This is a weird way of phrasing that question as a response to an outing that looks normal for an MLB ace too, but okay.

The Fighters have managed Otani very carefully. He did not throw for over a month this year after a blister issue. Instead he increased his DH load (best hitter in the league in 2016, for real). He threw the CG today b/c you don't pull your ace when he's destroying people in the clincher up 1-0. His pitch counts and work load are very reasonable.

TBH the Hanshin Tigers are really the only egregious offenders left for pro level workload in NPB (new manager is going to break Fujinami). High school of course is another story.

This is a weird way of phrasing that question as a response to an outing that looks normal for an MLB ace too, but okay.

The Fighters have managed Otani very carefully. He did not throw for over a month this year after a blister issue. Instead he increased his DH load (best hitter in the league in 2016, for real). He threw the CG today b/c you don't pull your ace when he's destroying people in the clincher up 1-0. His pitch counts and work load are very reasonable.

TBH the Hanshin Tigers are really the only egregious offenders left for pro level workload in NPB (new manager is going to break Fujinami). High school of course is another story.

Alright, sounds fair. Still, I guess my assumptions of high school level baseball is a different story.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It looks like it's still possible that Detroit, KC, Baltimore, Seattle, and Houston could finish the season with 85 wins and a five way tie for the second wild card spot.

It's obviously very unlikely, but it could happen.

That would be fucking crazy.

Astros really shot themselves with those 3 losses to Anaheim (2 should have been wins), they'd be sitting pretty right about now.

Gotta win over the M's again and sweep the Angels over the weekend for even a slight chance of cracking one of those WC spots.

Timothy could run a church bigger than Joel Osteen. Have an indoor football field there where it is him runnning the offense for Jesus playing against Satan's football team the idk... the Browns I guess?

He gives the homily while dropping back

So reading the SI article with Ortiz and he says that "he has never failed a drug test" while I think PEDs should be allowed, I think this wording is funny. It is just hitting me now after all these years for some reason that this is kinda like admitting it.

Saying never failed a drug test is much different than saying I have never taken PEDs. Never failing a drug test kinda implies that I have I was just never caught, or that I have taken some questionable things but luckily they didn't get caught or whatever it may be.

Line_HTX

To be honest, while there were a lot of entertaining shenanigans at CF, it's long past time the hill be gone. Times have changed and there's no place for that anymore.

Chris R

Gonna be HILARIOUS when we miss the playoffs by a single game.

Ugh, that game last night is gonna kill me for the next 7 months or whatever

Top Bottom