• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

cashman is not an idiot, i'm sure that is just a media fueled rumor. the cubs would never even entertain that kind of conversation, and cash wouldn't be stupid enough to try that on theo & co.

Not sure why you think Cashman would be stupid to ask for a DH who just severely tore his ACL and LCL for 2.5 years of the best reliever on the market on a fairly reasonable contract.

Not sure why you think Cashman would be stupid to ask for a DH who just severely tore his ACL and LCL for 2.5 years of the best reliever on the market on a fairly reasonable contract.

calling schwarber a DH is pretty dumb, and you don't trade young potential .900+ OPS hitters for relief pitchers. that is the complete opposite of the way theo operates.

schwarber was never ever ever going to be used in talks for a reliever, and the only reason it keeps being talked about is because dumb espn types won't shut up about it.

gamz

calling schwarber a DH is pretty dumb, and you don't trade young potential .900+ OPS hitters for relief pitchers. that is the complete opposite of the way theo operates.

schwarber was never ever ever going to be used in talks for a reliever, and the only reason it keeps being talked about is because dumb espn types won't shut up about it.

Thank you. It was never going to happen.

Lucroy would be a huge pickup for the Tribe. Having a great season at the plate, and his defense is underrated. Should have had a couple GG.

Thanks for the info!

Hope we get him, but sounds like we'd have to give up something Massive...

We just got our farm system in nice shape and contending now so hopefully they can keep it out of Top 15 prospects

What would you call Schwarber? A 1B? Because fielding hasn't gone very well for him (and after the injury I doubt it'll be any better)

Obviously he was never going to be traded for a reliever. Theo thinks too highly of him. But I guarantee the Yankees asked. Don't doubt that's one of the reasons why the Cubs went after Montgomery instead.

What would you call Schwarber? A 1B? Because fielding hasn't gone very well for him (and after the injury I doubt it'll be any better)

Obviously he was never going to be traded for a reliever. Theo thinks too highly of him. But I guarantee the Yankees asked. Don't doubt that's one of the reasons why the Cubs went after Montgomery instead.

schwarber's defensive struggles are vastly overstated. he is not good (at all), but he is not the disaster people make him out to be. there's a chance it gets to a point where his defense becomes too much of a liability, but to call him a DH right now is way off. he was worth 2 wins in less than half a season last year.

DodgersGAF, who is even in the rotation anymore? Cards are playing you guys this weekend and I'm looking at the projected matchups and it's almost entirely "TBA" :lol

So Kershaw might need surgery. No guarantee he will pitch again this year.

That is a damned tragedy. He was having one of the best runs of pitching in the modern era.

Got to see him pitch live twice this year, and I won't forget those outings anytime soon. Sucks.

Astros finally beat Oakland.
qiSUAbR.gif

Mortemis

Banned
Looks like the M's first round pick Kyle Lewis is out for the season with a knee injury. 😔😭

Hope it's nothing that'll effect his career.

Top Bottom