• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

gamz

Joel Sherman ✔ @Joelsherman1
#Yankees internally debated Torres v. Eloy Jimenez, and decided they like middle-IF over power-hitting OF as main piece for Chapman. #Cubs

Thank god. I love Jimenez!

BumRush

8:48am: Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports (links to Twitter) that the Cubs would send four players to the Yankees in the deal. In addition to Torres, former Yankees right-hander Adam Warren would likely return to New York. Candelario, according to Sherman, is not in the deal. The trade has the approval of Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner, Sherman notes. Rosenthal tweets that the trade is in its final stages, and the players have been agreed upon.

gamz

8:48am: Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports (links to Twitter) that the Cubs would send four players to the Yankees in the deal. In addition to Torres, former Yankees right-hander Adam Warren would likely return to New York. Candelario, according to Sherman, is not in the deal. The trade has the approval of Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner, Sherman notes. Rosenthal tweets that the trade is in its final stages, and the players have been agreed upon.

4 players! We better be getting something back?!?

BumRush

Joel Sherman Verified account
‏@Joelsherman1

#Cubs would not discuss Schwarber even for Miller. Theo Epstein made clear from beginning to #Yankees that Schwarber was not in play

BFIB

Cubs fans are sounding like all their prospects are Fabergé eggs. They're prospects. You have a WS caliber team for the next 3/4 years you do whatever it takes.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Cubs fans are sounding like all their prospects are Fabergé eggs. They're prospects. You have a WS caliber team for the next 3/4 years you do whatever it takes.

But they're also the Cubs, so some oddity is going to affect them in some way to stop them from reaching the World Series.

Beane trading Sonny Gray at the absolute low point of his value would be more infuriating than any of his recent deals.

I am anticipating Reddick and Valencia being moved, however.

No kidding. They're not used to being in this position. They've been rebuilding for so long that the idea of tuning something that's been built is a bit alien.

vwnut13

Holy hell.

Eric Jagielo, Rookie Davis, Caleb Cotham, Tony Renda, Brendan Ryan

for

Gleyber Torres, Starlin Castro, Billy McKinney, ___________

BumRush

That seems like a sizeable overpay, but I guess prospects are a huge source of strength for the cubs.

I wonder how much the yankees will get for Miller...

Friggz

The work cashman has done around this deal can't be overlooked. He's a damn good GM.

I'm looking forward to the haul they get for Miller

3N16MA

Banned
Good move by Cashman. Traded 4 prospects outside the top 100 for a discount Chapman and then flips him for a nice haul. Gets back Warren.

Been busy all day.

The Cubs got fucking robbed, straight up.

There are no extension talks. They literally traded their #1 prospect (a guy who would never play for them sure but) for a 2 month rental.

God damn Theo.

BumRush

Scariest thing about this is that if the Yankees end up pulling the trigger on Miller, Beltran, Nova, etc. they'll have one of the best farm systems in baseball QUICK.

They're this year's Blue Jays (sorry Silver Arrow).

I mean, the silver lining for them is that neither Torres nor McKinney is likely to see playing time for them.

It's still a horrible move. Giving up Warren, despite how bad he's been, makes it even worse. Because they still need arms to eat innings on the back end.

Scariest thing about this is that if the Yankees end up pulling the trigger on Miller, Beltran, Nova, etc. they'll have one of the best farm systems in baseball QUICK.

They already do, plus Bird coming back next year and the arms they can add in FA.

They'll be contending again with one of the youngest teams in baseball as early as next year, shit crazy.

Edit: LOL And I'm reading stuff now that says it's likely Chapman goes BACK to the Yanks as a FA.

My god Cashman killed this one, trade Pineda and Beltran today (Beltran to Mets plz) and you've kilt it.

vwnut13

Eric Jagielo, Rookie Davis, Caleb Cotham, Tony Renda, Brendan Ryan

for

Gleyber Torres, Starlin Castro, Billy McKinney, Rashad Crawford

gamz

Been busy all day.

The Cubs got fucking robbed, straight up.

There are no extension talks. They literally traded their #1 prospect (a guy who would never play for them sure but) for a 2 month rental.

God damn Theo.

I'd rate Eloy Jimenez above Torres. I would be pissed if it was Jimenez and they'lll draft another Torres. I have zero issue with this trade to get a locked down closer and a legit run for the ring.

usa-today-9342732.0.jpg

Who cares about Chapman. The god-king returns.

billeh

Cubs probably gave up too much for Chapman, but given there was no place for most of them it makes it a little easier to swallow. The whole "number 1 prospect" means less and less as the Cubs have aggressively promoted guys.

Also kind of stupid to try and declared winners and losers of a trade 20 minutes after it happens, especially when it involves guys that have never seen major league playing time.

Top Bottom