• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

bebop242

I'll always remember Lilly from
qwCeUs.gif

Lol yeah, thats how I remember him too. I liked his edge tho.

In ten years, I'll remember Heyward by laying eggs at every big at bat.

zulux21

just read
The Dodgers would be willing to include top prospect Julio Urias in a trade for White Sox ace Chris Sale, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post. That’s a major concession, as Urias is arguably the very best pitching prospect in baseball. Los Angeles has declined to make him available in the past, and now that he has reached the majors, he would certainly represent a legitimate centerpiece in a deal for the even-more-valuable Sale.

I know it is a few hours old and was likely already posted, but I suppose I could warm up to the idea of trading sale if they got back a young, nearly mlb ready (it seems like his call to the majors was a little early) left hander and some other prospects.

His future is in the OF. Isn't good defensively at 3B but can play LF/RF pretty well.

you should stop pretending like you know anything about the cubs.

bryant has been well above average defensively at third in each of the last 2 seasons, which is part of the reason he's so valuable. he is absolutely a 3b going forward.

I will take the speed of Upton and it sounds like the Padres are paying down a bunch of his contract. I am really curious who we are giving up.

just read

I know it is a few hours old and was likely already posted, but I suppose I could warm up to the idea of trading sale if they got back a young, nearly mlb ready (it seems like his call to the majors was a little early) left hander and some other prospects.

It will take a lot more than just Urias to get Sale. Seeing what the Yankees got for Chapman, the Dodgers or any other team would have to pay an absurd amount. *
That's why I think the White Sox should not trade him until the offseason. That way you can ask for young impact players with MLB experience.

edit: I am actually surprised that BJ Upton is having a decent year.

gamz

It will take a lot more than just Urias to get Sale. Seeing what the Yankees got for Chapman, the Dodgers or any other team would have to pay an absurd .
True. Look what the Cubs got for Shark. Imagine what the best pitcher in baseball will get?

It has to be and I'm not sure we really need Upton unless we're planning on moving another piece.

We'll see on August 1st or earlier. I don't think we'll make big moves like trading Bautista or Edwin

Upton JR, from what I'm getting from online is really good I don't think the Padres or Jays lose this trade. It could be good for both

wbsmcs

Ughhh really don't like this Melvin Upton deal even if it's for next to nothing. Padres were probably selling hard on that 16HR/20SB. .304 OBP, ~30%K rate. Strikes out 5x as much as he walks. Negative defender.

Bet he doesn't hit more than 5 homeruns rest of year and has an OBP <.315.

Edit: If the Padres eat a significant amount of the contract then it won't be too bad. But having him on the books for 10+ million next year isn't going to be pretty.

Ughhh really don't like this Melvin Upton deal even if it's for next to nothing. Padres were probably selling hard on that 16HR/20SB. .304 OBP, ~30%K rate. Strikes out 5x as much as he walks. Negative defender.

Edit: If the Padres eat a significant amount of the contract then it won't be too bad. But having him on the books for 10+ million next year isn't going to be pretty.

I think one of the baseball people have said that the Padres will take a good amount from the contract, how much? We don't know.

I hope we find out who the prospect is soon.

Getting Upton probably means the bench for Smoak

Thank fucking god, Smoak is probably one of the worst players on the Jays lineup. Just the worst.

We'll see on August 1st or earlier. I don't think we'll make big moves like trading Bautista or Edwin

Upton JR, from what I'm getting from online is really good I don't think the Padres or Jays lose this trade. It could be good for both

We could be looking to next year and filling holes that we may potentially have. Right now he's quality speed off the bench and a good bat.

Edit: Good point about benching Smoak. That makes sense.

wbsmcs

I think one of the baseball people have said that the Padres will take a good amount from the contract, how much? We don't know.

I hope we find out who the prospect is soon.

Getting Upton probably means the bench for Smoak

Thank fucking god, Smoak is probably one of the worst players on the Jays lineup. Just the worst.

Upton is basically Smoak who can't take a walk. Just wondering what it would have taken to get someone like Reddick or Bruce because I would much rather have those guys.

Upton is basically Smoak who can't take a walk. Just wondering what it would have taken to get someone like Reddick or Bruce because I would much rather have those guys.

That walk to strikeout ratio looks bad. You can't have him leading off. The speed is situational so maybe he's best off the bench.

Friggz

How would indians gaf feel about trading zimmer, frazier, and aiken, and 1 more for miller, beltran, plus yankees eat some salary?

I was worried they'd give up too much, but this is a pretty surprising trade. We didn't give up a lot in our prospect, especially given his age, so I guess it's a win/win. Well, maybe a Jays win and a San Diego salary shed.

I'm happy, although I'm curious as to where BJ fits. Is he Bautista's replacement?

Jays Trade Pitcher Hansel Rodriguez for Melvin Upton JR

That's not a name that I recognize

THANK GOD IT WASNT A REAL TOP PROSPECT

JAYSGAF WE WON

No team that acquires BJ Upton "wins". No matter what you give up. A negative is worse than a zero.

This guy gets it. Every at bat you give this guy is an at bat that could have been better given to anyone else.

Ain't that typical of most Jays fans I know.

Even I was going to let that low hanging fruit go lol.

Top Bottom