• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

wbsmcs

From @BlueBirdStats on Twitter....

FWIW on Liriano, the catcher he's had the most success with in his career... Russell Martin (2.92 ERA with Martin behind the plate)

Cards got Duke and that's it? I'm gonna lose this avatar bet for sure.

Compared to the deadlines of other NL contenders (Mets, Marlins), I think we did pretty good by just getting Duke!

We have 9 games vs the Reds, Brewers, and Braves coming up, then the Cubs. Big stretch of games. Getting Moss, Peralta, and Marp all back within the next week should help, too

wbsmcs

That's promising

Yea, I mean I guess this could be a good deal. I don't like giving up on Hutch this early, but then again, Liriano could be serviceable for the next year and a half. I know everyone talks about Ray Searage, but Pete Walker is also a great pitching coach. Happ loves him and was happy to have him back. Estrada had a huge homerun problem too back in Milwaukee and he hasn't gotten massacred in the ALE. Fingers crossed. Getting these prospects doesn't exactly hurt either.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Here you go rays gaf. Just someone Photoshop the team lol

nhUfc4r.gif

Yea, I mean I guess this could be a good deal. I don't like giving up on Hutch this early, but then again, Liriano could be serviceable for the next year and a half. I know everyone talks about Ray Searage, but Pete Walker is also a great pitching coach. Happ loves him and was happy to have him back. Estrada had a huge homerun problem too back in Milwaukee and he hasn't gotten massacred in the ALE. Fingers crossed. Getting these prospects doesn't exactly hurt either.

I trust Pete Walker to get Liriano back on track.

nillapuddin

"Reds now have Jose Peraza, Dilson Herrera, and Alfredo Rodriguez. All 22 years old, all near big league ready."

"They also still have Zack Cozart and Brandon Phillips, meaning that none of the three young middle infielders have any place to play. #Reds"

sigh

Farewell Jay, will always love him

this was one of the greatest moments of my life (sports)

GOOSE. BUMPS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYj-CauIyvc

So so so happy DD didn't pull a DD

Of course, the Sox need a starter (two). But the market is insane for what is at most marginal returns right now.

Rather not mortgage the future for a very slim chance of winning now.

So so so happy DD didn't pull a DD

Of course, the Sox need a starter (two). But the market is insane for what is at most marginal returns right now.

Rather not mortgage the future for a very slim chance of winning now.

I get not wanting to pay up prospect wise but how are Sale/Quintana marginal returns?
If the Red Sox make the playoffs their rotation would be Price/Pomeranz/Wright/Porcello
to compete against the Indians with their stacked rotation.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
PUIG DRAMA

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/dodgers-leave-yasiel-puig-behind-as-they-head-to-colorado-080116

Yasiel Puig did not travel with the Dodgers on Monday when they flew to Denver for a three-game series against the Rockies.

Puig, 25, stormed off after arriving at Dodger Stadium and being informed that he would either be traded or sent to the minors, according to major-league sources.

He was not traded before the non-waiver deadline at 4 p.m. ET, but the team’s immediate plan for him is unclear.

Club officials declined comment.

jbug617

Banned
Puig is pissed
Yasiel Puig did not travel with the Dodgers on Monday when they flew to Denver for a three-game series against the Rockies.

Puig, 25, stormed off after arriving at Dodger Stadium and being informed that he would either be traded or sent to the minors, according to major-league sources.

He was not traded before the non-waiver deadline at 4 p.m. ET, but the team’s immediate plan for him is unclear.
http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/dodgers-leave-yasiel-puig-behind-as-they-head-to-colorado-080116

Oh, Puig.

Reddick is the ultimate team guy. A positive, encouraging leader on a ballclub.

On the other side, you have Puig. The ultimate selfish player.

Dude's his own worst enemy.

Top Bottom