• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

zulux21

Why in the world would the Angels want Nolasco?
Puzzling

no clue I wasn't sure why the twins would be trading for a 3/4 starter... and then I saw what they gave up and was like... well if I was the twins I would make that trade as well, worst case I can move him again in the offseason o_O

Choomp

Banned
Yankees have a great deadline and the Mets have a kinda shitty one. I really would've liked Steve Pearce :(

Bastardo going to Pittsbugh it seems, I guess we're giving up an equally shitty lefty at least

I can't believe the Phillies held onto Hellickson. They sure could have gotten a better return than a comp piick?
Overall there wasn't a single starting pitcher worth a damn traded besides Hill who is currently injured.
Weird deadline this year. But with that weak ass FA class this year, the Winter Meetings will be just pure craziness.

zulux21

I'm kind of surprised that the white sox couldn't get anyone to bite on Justin Morneau or Matt Albers though.

they wouldn't have gotten a ton, but morneau is showing some pop in his bat, and while albers has sucked the last two months, he was dominate for a while, and given how hot the reviler market was surprised no one was willing to take a chance for a throw away prospect.

I can't believe the Phillies held onto Hellickson. They sure could have gotten a better return than a comp piick?
Overall there wasn't a single starting pitcher worth a damn traded besides Hill who is currently injured.
Weird deadline this year. But with that weak ass FA class this year, the Winter Meetings will be just pure craziness.

yeah don't get that one, you had to at least gotten one offer for a high rated prospect and another add in or two for a starting pitcher putting a season together like he is.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Nothing else from the Astros except dealing Feldman.

Which is good, because I was kinda expecting them to overpay for something. Frees up a spot on the 40-man to bring up someone who was waiting in the wings.

I'm kinda surprised the Feldman deal wasn't done last year.

I'm kind of surprised that the white sox couldn't get anyone to bite on Justin Morneau or Matt Albers though.

they wouldn't have gotten a ton, but morneau is showing some pop in his bat, and while albers has sucked the last two months, he was dominate for a while, and given how hot the reviler market was surprised no one was willing to take a chance for a throw away prospect.

yeah don't get that one, you had to at least gotten one offer for a high rated prospect and another add in or two for a starting pitcher putting a season together like he is.

Morneau would have made perfect sense for some teams including as a bat off the bench in the NL
I think he and Shields are still candidates to get traded in August because no non contender will claim Morneau and Shields will be not claimed at all.

TraBuch

Banned
Wow. All that for Matt Moore. And Coppy refused to even talk about Teheran? I'm not sure who I dislike more, Trent Baalke or John Coppolella.

Maxim726X

If your have told me, today, that our deadline would be this bad I wouldn't have believed you.

I have no idea what you thought this team would accomplish at the deadline, unless you wanted to give up Rosario or Smith. And wisely, Alderson didn't do that.

Instead, they got someone with one of the highest OPS with RISP in the league right now, and just traded Bastardo for Niese.

All they really gave up is Herrera. Even got to keep Nimmo.

Not that bad if you ask me.

I have no idea what you thought this team would accomplish at the deadline, unless you wanted to give up Rosario or Smith. And wisely, Alderson didn't do that.

Instead, they got someone with one of the highest OPS with RISP in the league right now, and just traded Bastardo for Niese.

All they really gave up is Herrera. Even got to keep Nimmo.

Not that bad if you ask me.
I wanted then to do nothing. Bruce is a replacement level player at this stage of his career. And niese has been the worst pitcher in baseball this year.

zulux21

Morneau would have made perfect sense for some teams including as a bat off the bench in the NL
I think he and Shields are still candidates to get traded in August because no non contender will claim Morneau and Shields will be not claimed at all.

in regards to shields... is the 16mil the padres are paying the white sox for him included in a wavier claim or if someone claimed him could the white sox dump him and keep the money from the padres?

if it is uncluded it seems unlikely he would get through wavers, if it is not then he would clear no problem.

either way I don't see morneau clearing.
a proven left handed power bat that is showing he still has some in the tank for a cheap contract. someone would bite on that.

really though there isn't a huge reason to move shields right now though unless you really think after those couple of really bad starts that he will continue to be good enough that he would walk away from his guranteed money to aim for more.

really I think he will just be happy and not opt out of his contract.
Er, OK, I guess Shaw isn't in the deal, some other prospect is. And the Rays are sending cash?

righty Michael Santos instead.

TraBuch

Banned
Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman
The Braves did not make any trades today. But Kemp for Olivera could prove to be one of their best deadline hauls in recent history.

Fuck off, Bowman.

spyder_ur

Very glad that the Red Sox didn't give up any of Moncada, Benitendi, Devers, Kopech, etc at this deadline. Everyone knows they don't have enough pitching, but there wasn't a guy out there who would've made a big enough difference. It's been fun watching the kids round into shape this year.

They probably have to ship one of these positional prospects off at some point, but no rush.

Top Bottom