• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

BumRush

Mets desperately need offense. Bruce has a 2.1 oWAR. His defense isn't good but our defense sucks already... Not that much worse.

Not sure what else you expected, Frozen? They were never going to stand pat this close to a WC.

in regards to shields... is the 16mil the padres are paying the white sox for him included in a wavier claim or if someone claimed him could the white sox dump him and keep the money from the padres?

if it is uncluded it seems unlikely he would get through wavers, if it is not then he would clear no problem.

either way I don't see morneau clearing.
a proven left handed power bat that is showing he still has some in the tank for a cheap contract. someone would bite on that.

really though there isn't a huge reason to move shields right now though unless you really think after those couple of really bad starts that he will continue to be good enough that he would walk away from his guranteed money to aim for more.

really I think he will just be happy and not opt out of his contract.

righty Michael Santos instead.

As far as I understand it the contract hasn't been restructured and therefore the claiming team woulo be responsible for its entirety and the Sox would keep the money but don't quote me on that.
Morrneau probaböy won't clear, but you still can strike a deal with the claiming team.
Albers would be DFA'd if there hadn't been so many injuries so he will clear as well.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm guessing SF is fine with moving Duffy as it opens a spot for Arroyo to move up to.

Fox is a stolen base monster so far this season as expected, but is pretty raw otherwise. I think TB is sending cash to offset Fox's bonus.

Choomp

Banned
Mets desperately need offense. Bruce has a 2.1 oWAR. His defense isn't good but our defense sucks already... Not that much worse.

Not sure what else you expected, Frozen? They were never going to stand pat this close to a WC.

I'm ok with what we have, actually. I'm more looking forward to next season when hopefully not everyone that matters has a lingering injury

zulux21

As far as I understand it the contract hasn't been restructured and therefore the claiming team woulo be responsible for its entirety and the Sox would keep the money but don't quote me on that.
Morrneau probaböy won't clear, but you still can strike a deal with the claiming team.
Albers would be DFA'd if there hadn't been so many injuries so he will clear as well.

yeah i am not sure how the money thing works at all.

we will have to see. I wouldn't be surprised if they put morneau on the waviers quickly in hopes that he clears and then gets hot.

Maxim726X

I wanted then to do nothing. Bruce is a replacement level player at this stage of his career. And niese has been the worst pitcher in baseball this year.

Oh come on, he's sporting an .875 OPS this season... I'll take shitty defense in RF if he can drive some god damn runs in.

And really, Herrera was struggling. I'd rather keep Nimmo than him at this point.

Toronto fan... please tell me you know that there can be more than one player with the last name of Chavez?

The Astros have agreed to trade right-hander Scott Feldman to the Blue Jays before Monday's non-waiver Trade Deadline. In return, Toronto sent 18-year-old right-hander Guadalupe Chavez to Houston.

EDIT: Beaten like the Jays in the playoffs
Chavez is in High A ball.

Raw64life

Glad it was Dilson instead of Nimmo. Never saw anything in him.

Bruce helps, but Lucroy would've helped a lot more. It still wasn't nearly enough. He ain't no Cespedes 2.0.

They're gonna try like hell to get rid of Granderson in the offseason. I say try because they'll never cut him. That would involve sacrificing money for the benefit of the team, which is not something the Mets don't do.

Very glad that the Red Sox didn't give up any of Moncada, Benitendi, Devers, Kopech, etc at this deadline. Everyone knows they don't have enough pitching, but there wasn't a guy out there who would've made a big enough difference. It's been fun watching the kids round into shape this year.

They probably have to ship one of these positional prospects off at some point, but no rush.

Moncada is the real deal. Closest thing to Mike Trout in the minor leagues, a generational talent. You don't trade that for anybody, especially a manchild like Sale.

wbsmcs

To be fair, the Jays did also trade Jesse Chavez for Mike Bolsinger. Small improvements I guess, and who knows, maybe they acquired Feldman to make 1-2 spot starts to ease Sanchez a bit.

Oh come on, he's sporting an .875 OPS this season... I'll take shitty defense in RF if he can drive some god damn runs in.

And really, Herrera was struggling. I'd rather keep Nimmo than him at this point.
On my phone so I'll keep it brief, look at his home away splits, his slash and wRC+ are all down almost 20 points, that's the guy we get. And Bruce isn't just had defensively, he's abysmal.

His defense nearly kills all of his offensive value. He should be a DH.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Seriously though, Duffy, Fox, and Shaw for Matt Moore??? How??

What would Teheran have gotten???
there is a reason why pitchers like Sale and Teheran didn't get traded. There is a limit on what teams are willing to trade. They cost too much in this market.

And in my opinion, if you are not going to get market value, no reason to trade. Especially in Teheran's case who is under control for many more years.

Maxim726X

On my phone so I'll keep it brief, look at his home away splits, his slash and wRC+ are all down almost 20 points, that's the guy we get. And Bruce isn't just had defensively, he's abysmal.

His OPS+ is 20 points higher on the road...

His defense nearly kills all of his offensive value. He should be a DH.

If you're strictly going by WAR, which has a spotty record as it pertains to defensive metrics. I know he's pretty bad, but on this team you'll take the downgrade if he can get some hits with RISP.

zulux21

there is a reason why pitchers like Sale and Teheran didn't get traded. There is a limit on what teams are willing to trade. They cost too much in this market.

And in my opinion, if you are not going to get market value, no reason to trade. Especially in Teheran's case who is under control for many more years.

yup. it was very unlikely Sale would be traded or mike trout because in order to do that you likely need multiple teams involved.

that is the easiest to do during the off seasons when teams are hopeful they will be able to compete next year.

yup. it was very unlikely Sale would be traded or mike trout because in order to do that you likely need multiple teams involved.

that is the easiest to do during the off seasons when teams are hopeful they will be able to compete next year.

I am not mad at not trading Sale. The only player I am mad about is Robertson. Besides his sub par numbers by his standards I have the feeling he is about to implode. I think Nate Jones is actuallly the better candidate for the closer job next year.

And what I am really mad about is how underrated Jose Quintana is. TV pundits sure are no measuring stick but you would think he is some #4 starter. He is the 6th best pitcher since 2012 by fWAR in all of baseball.

zulux21

I am not mad at not trading Sale. The only player I am mad about is Robertson. Besides his sub par numbers by his standards I have the feeling he is about to implode. I think Nate Jones is actuallly the better candidate for the closer job next year.

And what I am really mad about is how underrated Jose Quintana is. TV pundits sure are no measuring stick but you would think he is some #4 starter. He is the 6th best pitcher since 2012 by fWAR in all of baseball.

it would be nice if Jose Quintana could get more respect. I am still quite thankful to the yankees that they gave up on him.

as for robertson, we will have to see. I mean he still has good stuff most nights. half of his troubles is because of the horrible manager not only throwing him in the wrong situation but leaving him in there way to long. he is under contract for a while longer, and selling now would likely be selling low on him. sure he could go lower, but he easily could go higher.

Toronto fan... please tell me you know that there can be more than one player with the last name of Chavez?

EDIT: Beaten like the Jays in the playoffs

Lupe Chavez was a fringe prospect

In the end I think we did well. I still believe there will be more trades later. Maybe not today

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Shi DavidiVerified account
‏@ShiDavidi
Francisco Liriano due the balance of $13.667m this year and $13.667m next year. His addition likely means Aaron Sanchez to bullpen

why

Top Bottom