• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Line_HTX

8nWr9ue.gif

It's been a long time since Correa came up big, lol

Where did you get that from? I remember hearing SVS, but that's really it.

His lack of homerun hitting power never really bothered me, but if he can't get the discipline at the plate then it totally makes sense. I just don't think they should give up on him right now with how cheap his contract is.

Yeah if he could develop some plate discipline he could become a baller lead off man, but it's gotta be one or the other. You can't have a guy batting at the top of the order who has as many shitty at bats as he takes.

Chris R

Mariners fucking baseball.

Take Cishek and send him to the lowest league we can or DFA or whatever. Dude is good for nothing at this point

I like Puig. He's pretty fun to watch, but he does make a mistake every now and then. I also think his attitude problems are blown out of proportion. Would still like to have him on the team.

If you think his attitude is blown out of proportion you haven't been paying attention.

zulux21

going to call bs that the White Sox would turn that down for Quintana. I could see them turning that down for Sale though.

which is funny since Quintana is the better pitcher statistically over the last few years lol. (at least by what I see on baseball reference, other sites might have him slightly lower if they put weight into wins and losses)

it just goes to show how under rated he is.

though to be fair I don't think I would have been super upset if they took that package. that being said if quintana continues to pitch well maybe people will eventually figure out that the only thing quintana really has against him is horrible luck. As he doesn't get any run support when he pitches.

if he got the same run support sale gets he would be in the cy young running the last few years.

Didn't Molly Knight dispel those rumors? I remember him going to practice late a few times which made a lot of teammates pissed during his first 2 years. Thought he rectified that.

She's the one that reported on the shitstorm between Puig and Grienke, no? I think at best Puig is "high maintence", and at some point you have to decide how much high maintenance behavior you want to put up with for a .700 OPS corner OF who gets injured a lot.

From Mark Bowman:

The Braves were asking the Yankees to pay $17 million of the remaining $34 million on Brian McCann's contract. In return, the Yankees wanted better talent back, to which the Braves balked at. It's believed the Braves will revisit talks with the Yankees in the offseason, or go after free agent Wilson Ramos.

BFIB

Mo on local radio said that he didn't feel the need to pursue a larger deal, because from what he was gauging, the Cubs also weren't involved in deep discussions, other than Chapman/Smith and deepening their bullpen.

This dude needs to be aggressive. This shit that we used to pull on Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Cincy when they were in contention won't fly w/ the Cubs. I get it, you don't want to give up Reyes, but Matheny has to learn how to use a bullpen and leverage situations. Its our achilles heel this year, and getting one BP arm isn't going to change that.

wbsmcs

Both teams on offense were putrid. 3 runs, 13 hits, and 40 Ks between the 2.

---

Doug Fister has been a great pickup this offseason.

One of the most underrated pitchers in baseball. Probably won't even get that big of a deal this offseason.

On another note, did not realize the Tigers were making a push. Only 4 back of the Indians now.

Rosenthal is backing off his report that Puig stormed off. The Dodgers told Puig to stay home due to a possible transaction.

Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal
From Adam Katz, Puig's agent:
“I'm told he was not at the park. The club informed me and the player understood clearly that they were making every effort to trade him and that if they were unable to come to terms with another club on a trade - and successful in acquiring another outfielder - that he likely would be demoted. My understanding is that transaction will happen tomorrow.”

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
I am adjusting my story to reflect Adam Katz’s statement. If Puig was not at the park, he obviously could not have stormed off.

Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal
To those upset with first version of Puig story: I’m with you. I take great pride in accuracy. It infuriates me that a key detail was wrong.

Yasiel Puig @YasielPuig
@ken_rosenthal don't worry bro, we all make mistakes #puigyourfriend #seeyousoon

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Rosenthal is backing off his report that Puig stormed off. The Dodgers told Puig to stay home due to a possible transaction.

http://deadspin.com/ken-rosenthal-is-a-good-reporter-and-he-had-to-eat-some-1784694427

If you want to read the tea leaves, there are interesting questions raised by the fact that a source misled Rosenthal, and by the fact that neither side corrected the bad information for hours after Rosenthal had passed it along. (Dodgers GM Farhan Zaidi was asked about the report while on a post-deadline conference call with reporters. “I’m not going to comment on that,” he said. But the Dodgers have like half-a-dozen guys with GM duties, quite probably leading to this confusion.)

Looks like the Crew came away with a pretty decent haul for Luc, Hill and Smith. Eight prospects now in the top 100. Two years ago our system was barren as fuck.

Good job, Harvard.

BFIB

If Puig were part of the Cards BFIB, we would have corrected Rosenthal right away on the BFIB twitter. Or cussed him out confusing him with our own Rosenthal, who we currently despise.

Chris R

Diaz is now our closer.

Shame, dude was spitting fire as the setup man, now our cursed closer spot will ruin his career for the rest of the season before he ends up a Padre or whatever in a years time :( :( :(

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Teheran to the DL.
Braves Twitter said:
Roster moves: OF Matt Kemp has been added to the roster. Julio Teheran has been placed on the 15-day DL (right lat strain).

Top Bottom