• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
MLB Pipeline's midseason top ten farm system rankings just came out, and they have the Yankees as the second best farm system in MLB.

1. Brewers
2. Yankees
3. Astros
4. Pirates
5. Dodgers
6. Nationals
7. Red Sox
8. Phillies
9. Braves
10. Rockies

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/193317666/midseason-ranking-of-mlbs-top-10-farm-systems/?topicid=151437456
LbEbK.gif

Saunders I think will walk. I wouldn't want the Jays to go over 10m per year with him. And, for me, it makes sense to try Pompey in LF next year.

My biggest concern is replacing Edwin's bat.

Of course, knowing the Jays, they'll let EE walk and sign Bautista to the asinine contract he wants, when it should be the other way around.

wbsmcs

Saunders is a one year wonder. Actually, not even, more like a half year wonder.

FanGraphs still projects him to be an above average bat rest of the year. Who is there to replace him? Not too sure Pompey is ready. An OF of Pompey, Pillar, and Upton might hit 20 homeruns combined. Reddick, Bruce....Colby Rasmus?

I guess it may be easier for them to keep Bautista and find another 1B like Moreland, LoMo, or Brandon Moss.

I'm not so sure about that? He's so damn important to the team I can see the team clearing salary space for him. I honestly think he stays. Just get that feeling...

i'm still hopeful that he loves playing here so much that he takes a 3 year deal with us or something like that . i wouldn't blame him in the slightest for getting his big payday elsewhere, but i'd love to keep him around for a while.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
For the Mariners fans:

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 25m25 minutes ago

Edwin Díaz (@Mariners) recorded his 50th career K in 25⅓ IP, the fastest of any pitcher who made his MLB debut since 1893

rando14

For the Mariners fans:

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 25m25 minutes ago

Edwin Díaz (@Mariners) recorded his 50th career K in 25⅓ IP, the fastest of any pitcher who made his MLB debut since 1893

The best thing about this year!! :')

Edbae

Edit: LUL

edwin-diaz-percentile-rankings.png

Saunders I think will walk. I wouldn't want the Jays to go over 10m per year with him. And, for me, it makes sense to try Pompey in LF next year.

My biggest concern is replacing Edwin's bat.
I think in all practicality Pompey at this point is a career AAA OF, he just doesn't have the power and can't hit for average at the big league level, basically a downgrade from Pillar, but hey he's the closest prospect to start at the big league level!.

Hey guys, anyone remember that one time the Diamondbacks traded Max Scherzer for Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy?

Man. Good times.

the Diamondbacks possibly have some qualms about Scherzer's long-term presence in the rotation and/or think Kennedy is a better bet for that. While Scherzer's 2009 season was certainly a solid performance, there have still been doubts about his stamina, ability to pitch deep into games and questions over whether he has a good enough third pitch to be a reliable starter.

gamz

rizzo is a god, so i kind of get it, but ramos also walks a ton. i generally hate loading the bases when a run ends/ties it unless you're supremely confident in your pitcher's command.

He couldn't find the plate and Zorb has one of the best eyes in the league. I knew he'd draw a walk.

Clayton Kershaw has been moved to the 60-day DL.

Kill me now.

It's gonna seem dumb to trade all those prospects for rentals if Kershaw can't come back. Guess they had to take a shot.

And your Kershaw fun fact: he's hasn't pitched in over a month but is only 0.1 behind Stephen Strasburg for the lead in pitcher WAR on the season.

Top Bottom