• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

According to St. Louis police, a fan taking in a Cardinals game was hit by a bullet fired from outside the stadium during last night’s game against the Brewers. The fan was seated in Section 141 of the Cardinals’ stadium, which is located behind the home dugout. She complained about a sharp pain in her elbow and spoke to first aid personnel and the police, who say they found a slug located near her seat that appeared to have been fired from outside of the stadium. A witness described a rather gory scene to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

Todd Porter, 54, of O’Fallon, Ill., was at the game with his 13-year-old son, Christopher, and was seated directly in front of the victim. She suddenly said, “Wow, I think I’ve been shot,” just as the eighth inning was coming to a close, Porter said.

“We thought she was joking, but everybody turned around and she showed me the blood coming down from her elbow,” Porter said. “It looked real purple and red and it looked like there was a hole in her jacket.”

Porter said he and his son left the game shortly afterwards, while the victim’s mother told the Post-Dispatch that she had hired an attorney. Police reportedly received calls of shots fired about a mile from the stadium around the same time and the fateful bullet may have landed in the stadium after someone shot in the air. The Cardinals released a statement acknowledging the incident:

We are aware of an incident last night in which a fan reported being struck by a stray bullet that presumably originated from outside of the stadium. The fan was treated for an abrasion and a bruise on her arm at First Aid and released. She was interviewed by police who are investigating the matter. There is nothing more important than the safety of our fans, and the Cardinals are grateful that no one was seriously injured. We will be sharing more information with the media as further details emerge.
http://deadspin.com/cardinals-fan-sitting-behind-dugout-hit-by-stray-bullet-1794903270

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
10-1 tonight.

I think that was a series sweep?

All that's left is to sweep at San Antonio, heh heh heh

I know that's definitely NOT going to happen.

There's one more game this afternoon. Stupid 4 game series.

Everybody dance.

FaST3Q4.gif

Beckx

what are the sightlines that allow someone to shoot outside of the park and go through someone's jacket inside the park? from high points outside or are there gaps?

what are the sightlines that allow someone to shoot outside of the park and go through someone's jacket inside the park? from high points outside or are there gaps?

The Post-Dispatch said the shots came from (or were reported to be around) 14th and Chateau, which is like a mile away from Busch

I would think it would have to be pretty high to reach just behind the home dugout. Or maybe I just don't understand the physics of gunshots into the air (obviously the impact coming down will be pretty bad, but dunno about the distance/direction traveled)

Beckx

The Post-Dispatch said the shots came from (or were reported to be around) 14th and Chateau, which is like a mile away from Busch

I would think it would have to be pretty high to reach just behind the home dugout. Or maybe I just don't understand the physics of gunshots into the air (obviously the impact coming down will be pretty bad, but dunno about the distance/direction traveled)

okay, that makes it sound like some more freakish incident.

i wonder how many people get hurt every year from bullets fired into the air?

I'm not commenting on anything related to the Red Sox's games against the Orioles. I'm over that.

But Todd Frazier was a healthy scratch apparently.

Possibly related: The Red Sox's top 5 prospects have been told to pack their bags, according to a source.

Tall4Life

I'm commenting on anything related to the Red Sox's games against the Orioles. I'm over that.

Possibly related: The Red Sox's top 5 prospects have been told to pack their bags, according to a source.

Pack their bags and leave Boston or pack their bags and go to the game?

Malo

Banned
I'm commenting on anything related to the Red Sox's games against the Orioles. I'm over that.

Trade Dave pulled the trigger on Quintana, huh?

Chuck

Still without luck
Yeah MLB, I'm sure more that 0 people want to see a yankee highlight in between and Orioles and Sox game.

RBH

Chipper Jones had a nice little interview on Atlanta sports radio earlier today. Just hearing him break down Dansby Swanson's batting stance and explaining why he's behind so many pitches makes me want him to be the hitting coach asap.

Choomp

Banned
To be fair, this offseason we've all been complaining about Bruce inevitably sucking and Conforto never playing. Both those qualms were put to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom