• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ11

Can we speculate on why Harvey was sent home? It has to be something amazing, it just has to be.

He didn't show up to the game yesterday, said he had a migraine

Potential miscommunication, but Mets "saw it differently"

Mest being Mest

Harvey loves the bottle, and the night life. Solid Mets source says he was shitfaced and skipped out. Lima has that boy twisted, pure simp. Dude needs to clean up his life, own his shit, and move on. Try to get back some semblance of career. Miscommunication my ass.

RBH

Oh shit

Really really close replay call incoming in the Braves/Cardinals game

Tie should go to the runner!

Edit: FFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK

Tie should go to the runner!

I've never understood why people say this.

If someone thinks there's such thing as a "tie," that shows a faulty mindset to begin with.
That it - there's no such thing as a "tie" between a ball entering a glove and a runner touching a base, one always happens at a separate time from the other.

And, with regards to reply, there "needs to be enough evidence to overturn the call on the field" - that is, if the difference isn't pronounced, the call on the field is going to stand.

RBH

I've never understood why people say this.

If someone thinks there's such thing as a "tie," that shows a faulty mindset to begin with.
That it - there's no such thing as a "tie" between a ball entering a glove and a runner touching a base, one always happens at a separate time from the other.

And, with regards to reply, there "needs to be enough evidence to overturn the call on the field" - that is, if the difference isn't pronounced, the call on the field is going to stand.
Well first off, if you actually watched the play in the first place, you would see that it was a matter of whose foot stepped on the bag first and not whether the ball entered the fielder's glove before the runner touched first base.

And I wasn't expecting such a detailed response to a tongue-in-cheek comment, honestly. I guess I have a "faulty mindset", though.

it was a matter of whose foot stepped on the bag first

Still no such thing as a "tie" - as you said, it's a matter of whose foot stepped on the bag first. And again, in the matter of a replay, there has to be sufficient evidence to overturn the on-field call.

And I wasn't expecting such a detailed response to a tongue-in-cheek comment, honestly.

Sorry.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Braves are being gifted multiple opportunities to win this game and keep on blowing it.

I've seen this script before.

Braves will end up losing ;(
would help if they stopped bunting.

motte about to blow it though.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
KeugieU.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED IN THE SOX GAME?!?

I left to help my folks out with something with the game 7-6 and the game in doubt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom