• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
XnlcFqP.png
newcomb time. it will either be a 22k game or a 22 BB game. or maybe both! double the fun

Choomp

Banned
newcomb time. it will either be a 22k game or a 22 BB game. or maybe both! double the fun

Against the Mets. You know which one it is, no need to be shy.

Yeah seems like we missed that Tanaka stuff from yesterday here. Also Mike Schmidt doesn't think the Phillies can build around Odubel Herrera cause he doesn't speak English. Making some great progress guys.

Beckx

The year that Tanaka and Prince Saito once again pitch the same

That was some monkeys paw wish there, Saito.

Rommel

Looks like Jean Segura is extended with the M's. 5 years for 70 million with supposedly a team option for a 6th year. Also will have a full no-trade clause apparently.

As an M's fan I'm stoked. BFF's up the middle for life!

One of the local STL writers (who has been one for, like, 40 years or something) raised the idea that a coaching change might have to happen if the Cardinals keep losing. Means a lot coming from him, I think.

Please be Matheny

One of the local STL writers (who has been one for, like, 40 years or something) raised the idea that a coaching change might have to happen if the Cardinals keep losing. Means a lot coming from him, I think.

Please be Matheny

It won't be Matheny. DeWitt has never fired a manager mid-season, they just extended him in the offseason until 2020, and they honestly have no one else any better to take over (Oquendo isn't leaving Florida).

I hope I'm wrong, but it really looks like Matheny is one of the most secure managers in the league.

Malo

Banned
What's everyone looking at in the first round of the draft? I'm hoping the Yankees go for pitching (Peterson, Canning, Hall) unless one of Beck or Pratto falls to them.

Just saw that the Royals reinstated Scott Alexander and recalled infielder Ramon Torres while optioning Kevin McCarthy and Billy Burns.

Glad to have Alexander back and I hope Torres getting called up means Escobar is on the bench for a bit. McCarthy been good so far this year (0.00 ERA in 6.1 Innings with 3 hits allowed, but only 3 SO to 1 BB), but nothing outstanding and in limited action. Billy Burns was here as outfield depth and it'll suck if we have something happen to one of the outfielders since we only have Cain/J. Bonifacio/Gordon as our outfield with Moss and Whit as last resorts in the outfield if needed since Soler is in the minors and Orlando is still injured.

BFIB

Please be Matheny
Should be, won't be. Matheny needs a Don Zimmer in his ear.

Cardinals finally running with 12 pitchers. Calling up Chad Huffman, whoever that is.

Maybe they'll score more than 2 runs against Bronson Arroyo, who is somehow still pitching in the majors.

Cardinals finally running with 12 pitchers. Calling up Chad Huffman, whoever that is.

Maybe they'll score more than 2 runs against Bronson Arroyo, who is somehow still pitching in the majors.

And Marp hitting leadoff with Fowler out.

If he goes 5-5, confirmed headcase and should never move in the order again.

Or because they're hitting against Arroyo

Wonder how Fowler would take being moved from leadoff anyway

I guess I'd put more stock in the matchup if Marp had ever shown he could produce at the same level lower in the lineup. He's got something like 800 PA in the 2/3 spots and the numbers aren't even really that close.

And I doubt Fowler would like it. He probably wouldn't like it if Sierra moved him over to LF either, but it would make the team better. Matheny won't upset his vets though.

Line_HTX

WHAT THE FUCK, announced just 5 minutes ago that Dallas Keuchel has been scratched due to illness.

God damn you, Guduan and Giles.

:T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom