• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the old men in the Yanks lineup the last few years were just black holes.

I went to the Yankees/Sox game last Thursday. It was probably the first almost-full game I've been to in the last two years, at least. (Usually go to 8 - 10 games a year, it's been half-full at best for most games since Jeter left.) That said--

Got a loooong way to go to get the rivalry juices flowing again. Not that many Sox fans there. Despite the packed crowd, not a whole lot of attention being paid around us. Lots of phones and iPads out. Conversations straight through the game. Hardly any chants. Stadium emptied out by the 8th.

Yanks are hot, at least two stars in the making, Sox are hanging in right behind them right now. Shit's lame, and that's coming from a pretty laid back Yankee fan.

Can't predict baseball Suzyn

All the old men in the Yanks lineup the last few years were just black holes.

I went to the Yankees/Sox game last Thursday. It was probably the first almost-full game I've been to in the last two years, at least. (Usually go to 8 - 10 games a year, it's been half-full at best for most games since Jeter left.) That said--

Got a loooong way to go to get the rivalry juices flowing again. Not that many Sox fans there. Despite the packed crowd, not a whole lot of attention being paid around us. Lots of phones and iPads out. Conversations straight through the game. Hardly any chants. Stadium emptied out by the 8th.

Yanks are hot, at least two stars in the making, Sox are hanging in right behind them right now. Shit's lame, and that's coming from a pretty laid back Yankee fan.

The new stadium is a dump. Bunch of suits and fuckbois on party decks. The rivalry is also dead, at least the incarnation of it that had the red sox as the lovable losers. Once the redsox smashed the yankees dicks in in 04 that was that, the mystique was gone.

Bird was great in 2015 and then got hurt. He was great again when he returned to ST. Yankees fans want him to be a thing.

he had like 150 at-bats in 2015, and spring training is completely and totally meaningless. he's never even been a top 100 prospect. judge and gary look great, you don't need to keep up this charade.

Malo

Banned
he had like 150 good at-bats in 2015, and spring training is completely and totally meaningless. he's never even been a top 100 prospect. judge and gary look great, you don't need to keep up this charade.
I think Law had him in his top 100, and I'm not going to write him off based on 72 plate appearances.

I think Law had him in his top 100, and I'm not going to write him off based on 72 plate appearances.

i'm writing him off based on his entire minor and major league career. he's a 1b prospect who has never done anything special that would warrant any excitement for him at that position.

i mean, it's baseball, so anything can happen. there's just no reason to think he's good.

3N16MA

Banned
he had like 150 at-bats in 2015, and spring training is completely and totally meaningless. he's never even been a top 100 prospect. judge and gary look great, you don't need to keep up this charade.

Spring training can win you a spot in a rotation or a spot on the roster. It can give management and ownership more confidence in a player. It's far from meaningless.

Being solid over 150 AB is better than being lousy over 150 AB. Or do you just want to erase everything he did?

You don't need to be a top 100 prospect to be a player that provides solid value. The Yankees have a guy that has been doing that for years and he was never a top 100 prospect.

Do Yankees fans need to get your approval to be excited about a player?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
hPB81Qgl.jpg

giphy.gif

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Astros need to get all their starters back and healthy.
Just inject some legal HGH in McHugh and Keuchel so they can come off the DL.

>_>

i'm writing him off based on his entire minor and major league career. he's a 1b prospect who has never done anything special that would warrant any excitement for him at that position.

i mean, it's baseball, so anything can happen. there's just no reason to think he's good.

Greg bird is gonna be a thing. Has that ball landed yet?

BigAT

Jeff Passan‏ @JeffPassan 2 minutes ago
Still insane to think Yankees talked about dealing Judge, Sanchez, Severino, 2 others to Braves for J-Hey, Simmons, Upton, Johnson, D-Carp.

xJ2r545.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom