• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friggz

i'm writing him off based on his entire minor and major league career. he's a 1b prospect who has never done anything special that would warrant any excitement for him at that position.

i mean, it's baseball, so anything can happen. there's just no reason to think he's good.

the only reason that bird was never a big time prospect was because his glove lagged big time behind his bat (395 obp for his MiLB career). I havent seen one scouting publication that said he wouldnt be a pretty damn good hitter, his glove just held him back from being a top prospect. I assumed everything i just typed was fairly common knowledge within the baseball community.

BFIB

NIce turnaround weekend for the Cards. But deep down, I believe this is true:

major-league-theyre-still-shitty.jpg

the only reason that bird was never a big time prospect was because his glove lagged big time behind his bat (395 obp for his MiLB career). I havent seen one scouting publication that said he wouldnt be a pretty damn good hitter, his glove just held him back from being a top prospect. I assumed everything i just typed was fairly common knowledge within the baseball community.

i never said he couldn't hit. he's a 1b prospect, and you have to be extremely good offensively to add real value there. his minor league numbers are fine, but not really exciting for a guy locked to 1b/dh. he seems like the type to end up as an .800ish ops 1b who bounces from team to team having some decent 2-3 win season along the way.

then again he could be a monster, because it's baseball and who the fuck knows

shanafan

These ESPN announcers for the Tigers/Red Sox game are awful.

They are literally telling personal stories instead of calling the baseball game during the 4th inning. It's been maybe 7 minutes now, and just random story after story. What the heck is going on??

Cody B with two homeruns yesterday and Seager getting his first grand slam to complete the comeback is just too awesome

All 3 are gonna make it to the playoffs

Yep, nobody in the NL is even close to them in the WC, it'll be like 2015 where the division is so far ahead of everybody else they'll have to eat each other to get in.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
@Astros

Roster moves:
Joe Musgrove activated from 10-day DL
Lance McCullers Jr. placed on 10-day DL with lower back discomfort (retro to June 9)

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

What do you like him better as? Pitcher or position player?

Position player for sure, bat is infinitely safer bet than him ever developing his secondary pitches.

But he's such a soft hitter that I can't see him ever being worth all that much. He's not gonna hit for nearly as much power with wood bats in big league parks against big league pitching.

Malo

Banned
Position player for sure, bat is infinitely safer bet than him ever developing his secondary pitches.

But he's such a soft hitter that I can't see him ever being worth all that much. He's not gonna hit for nearly as much power with wood bats in big league parks against big league pitching.
From everything I've read on him that seems about right.

Surprised that the twins would go with McKay over Wright. If that ends up happening.

BFIB

Can someone please hack us so we can get some 1st round picks back?

Our password is CardsKKK

The K's are for strikes obviously.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Here's my draft preference list for the Braves (I'm excluding Greene for obvious reasons):

Top hopes:
Kyle Wright
Mackenzie Gore
Austin Beck

Perfectly happy with:
Royce Lewis
Jo Adell

Yeah sure:
Shane Baz
Bukauskas
Jeren Kendall

What? No: