• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring the Red Sox back to the league

Also

Mike Puma‏Verified account
@NYPost_Mets
Follow
More
Cespedes is out of the game. Ray Ramirez had been talking to him between innings.

RIP

Malo

Banned
Ugh. Really wanted Faedo.

Schmidt is a back end top 50 guy. I guess they're going to cut a deal with him to save money and spend more in the later rounds.

He had Tommy John in April?! But why...

3N16MA

Banned

Schmidt is a back end top 50 guy. I guess they're going to cut a deal with him to save money and spend more in the later rounds.

Get the injury and surgery out of the way now so it won't happen later.

That's as much as I can turn that around.

Friggz

he fell in the draft because he got hurt, based on talent he was considered a top 10-15 pick. Could be a great deal as the kid is supposed to have excellent makeup and will work hard coming back from tommy john (and the yankees clean up his delivery) . i like the pick as a way to get a high end player without having to pay slot money.

Malo

Banned
he fell in the draft because he got hurt, based on talent he was considered a top 10-15 pick. Could be a great deal as the kid is supposed to have excellent makeup and will work hard coming back from tommy john (and the yankees clean up his delivery) . i like the pick as a way to get a high end player without having to pay slot money.
According to who? I haven't seen that anywhere. To me the only way this pick makes sense is if they sign him to an under slot deal and use that money on later rounds.

Choomp

Banned
Did DeGrom really have to finish that game? Either way great performance by him.

The guy the Mets drafted sounds promising, I guess

Very very happy with Peterson, wonder if we can get him to come in slightly under.

Reds easily get the best player in the draft, but Lamb, the Twins got a really good pick in Lewis, his tools are something that can absolutely play up if your player development system is not shit anymore.

Not gonna get into the rest of the draft since I really haven't studied a lot of the guys this year (just haven't had time).

Hunter Greene will be in the majors by 2019, great kid, good head on his shoulders, incredible stuff with good arm speed (his mechanics are bad but not terrible).

zulux21

i'm not surprised the white sox are targeting infielder power hitters.

white sox ideally are set at short and second. (anderson and Moncada)
almost all of their top young talent that isn't pitching is outfielders and they are loaded with pitching thanks to trades.

they have a promising catcher, which really left third and first as the biggest holes which are the first two things they drafted.

they will likely make some trades in the next 45 days that will get even more people in place.

in other thoughts....

HOLY FUCK at the fact that next year a good chunk of the high school draft picks will be born after the year 2000.

I feel so old @_@

Twins going hard under the first two to get Leach was a great play though.

Vientos (one of the few guys I actually have studied a bit) is a really good pick here.

Angels taking Canning makes 0 sense to me, his arm is about to fall off.

Malo

Banned
Now the Schmidt pick makes sense. Really like the Sauer selection with our second round pick, he's definitely going to get an over slot deal.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I will be praying to as many gods as humanly possible for the Astros to get out of this funk and get everyone healthy.

3N16MA

Banned
Judge:

April - .303/.411/.750, .460 wOBA, 201 wRC+, 10 HR, 20 RBI, 1.3 fWAR

May - .347/.441/.642, .452 wOBA, 189 wRC+, 7 HR, 17 RBI, 1.4 fWAR

June - .421/.542/.842, .557 wOBA, 257 wRC+, 4 HR, 10 RBI, 1.1 fWAR (does not include tonight's game).

He is only getting better! The man is a beast.

Caja 117

Judge:

April - .303/.411/.750, .460 wOBA, 201 wRC+, 10 HR, 20 RBI, 1.3 fWAR

May - .347/.441/.642, .452 wOBA, 189 wRC+, 7 HR, 17 RBI, 1.4 fWAR

June - .421/.542/.842, .557 wOBA, 257 wRC+, 4 HR, 10 RBI, 1.1 fWAR (does not include tonight's game).

He is only getting better! The man is a beast.

So you are telling me this isnt his final form?

SRTtoZ

The most impressive thing about Judge is how he bounces back from bad at bats. He strikes out twice and then on his 3rd at bat he gets down 0-2, you think okay this might be a bad night for him if he gets 3+ SO's but nope he takes an 0-2 count and walks, then the next at bat gets a hit and then of course the HR. He makes a bad night into a great one just because he has smart at bats. Love this dude.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hmmmm what future bust will My Mariner be drafting....?

GFdZOBL.gif
I think the Padres have the worst history in the draft in MLB history. My padres once drafted a player no. 1 overall who later spent years in prison for almost killing someone and also once got arrested for beating up a high school student with a golf club while shouting "I'm Matt Fucking Bush!" On videotape. The fact he somehow made the majors is astonishing to me.

Judge is the most fun player I have ever watched since Ken Griffey Jr.

Most fun player I have seen was Puig when he first broke out. He would go for 2 bases on a regular single. He would throw runners out with his amazing arm and make spectacular catches due to his speed. He would miss the cut off man. He had a .376 batting average his first 60 games.

I had a lot of fun watching Dee Gordon too.

Wtf we draft another Joc?

Smh

A faster Joc. Hopefully this one gets better contact rate. I hope Bellinger does the same though I think he has a great eye and I don't see him chase like Puig or Joc. At least we picked an Outfielder though as we have talent in the infield and talented rhp in the system.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
From what I'm hearing on Twitter, it seems that Braves' 3rd round pick Freddy Tarnok will be a Top 10 MLB pitcher in 5 years.

Can't wait.

Kegien

Neo Member
Did DeGrom really have to finish that game? Either way great performance by him.

Gotta make a statement! LGM!

Judge is insane btw... Long time Mets fan, but can't help smiling whenever I watch his highlights...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom